Koala is a high growth ecommerce startup originating in Sydney, Australia. We provide furniture for the digital age and have become well known in Australia and Japan because of our approach to marketing & retail which is more akin to a tech-company. In just over 2 years in Japan, we have achieved significant growth and we're only just getting started! Following massive growth in both Australia and Japan in recent years; our sights are set on next launching in South Korea! We are bringing a modern, data-driven approach to revolutionize an aging industry.
Why we have this role @ Koala
The Digital Producer will be joining a multi-disciplinary team of marketers, designers, engineers and product managers working across a number of projects, product launches and marketing events. The purpose of this role is to assist with the launch, management and maintenance of Koala’s South Korean website, ensuring they are up to date, optimised, consistent and relevant, and, more importantly, to attract and build engagement with target audiences in alignment with business objectives, ie. to contribute to the creation of the best possible customer experience.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Manage and optimise the content across Koala websites, with a focus on the South Korean website
- Work with digital, marketing and data teams to analyse and optimise user flows, content and pages with a view to improve to overall engagement and conversion, as prioritised by product management
- Customer focused - you are a champion of customer experience
- Contribute to both strategic and BAU digital initiatives including the execution of product launches, product changes, sale campaigns, content creation and deployment, monitor delivery and troubleshooting
- Work with marketing to ensure website content and pages are optimised for paid media activity
- Work with Product, UX and development teams to continually optimise digital platforms for producers
- Bilingual: Advanced Korean AND English language skills
- CMS experience in a marketing/ecommerce-led organisation
- Strong understanding of digital design fundamentals including user experience design and user-centred design
- Exceptional understanding of website optimization through SEO, analytics and UX
- Ability to work across a number of projects with multiple time-frames, highly organised and able to manage and communicate with relevant stakeholders
- Knowledge of project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence and Google Suite is preferred
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS is advantageous
- Experience in understanding marketing, product and technical briefs and delivering to timelines
- Passionate about digital trends and innovation
- Excellent Korean and English written communications skills and attention to detail
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only as good as its employees are happy — and we’re one happy mob!
- Flexible working You’ll have the freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works best for you.
- Take a break We offer generous time off and parental leave policies to help keep your work life balance, balanced.
- Fully stocked kitchen Our pantries are filled weekly with an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce. There’s also fresh coffee beans in the machines, a VB fridge and our famous Koala Kombucha on tap.
- Pet-friendly The Koala Treehouses are as pet-friendly as they get — all furry friends welcome!
- Surprise & delight The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing We support the whole you! It’s very important to us that everyone in the Treehouse continues to thrive. Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Diversity, equity & inclusion We're an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
- Accelerate your career We can’t grow as a brand unless we support the growth of our teams. We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive 15% off courses, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated weekly growth sessions and resources.
- Community & connection We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough and business can only thrive if society and nature thrive too. How are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Bushfire Relief Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
Koalities we look for…
At Koala, we do things a little differently and we don’t shy away from the fact that we expect a lot from our employees! We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always curious to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team full of entrepreneurial spirit and have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adapting. We're bloody confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty and selflessness drive everything we do, as well as a total focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations. So if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
*Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.