About your next workplace - Nexigen Digital
We are Australia’s largest privately-owned group of online service providers, which includes brands such as VentraIP, Synergy Wholesale, and Digital Eagles.
Every day our all-Australian team deliver exceptional service and outstanding support to our 200,000+ customers who choose us for their domain names, website hosting and digital marketing.
Over the past thirteen years, we have been constant game-changers, industry innovators, award winners, and community leaders - and now is your chance to join our team.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer at Nexigen Digital, you will work with a close, agile team to deliver new projects and continuous improvements to our internal and customer facing systems. We're looking for someone who is passionate, proactive, goal oriented and posses excellent problem solving skills.
We know first hand that brilliant QA engineers come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences, in fact, much of our QA team started out on our own customer service help desk. We pride ourselves on maintaining a team culture that provides provides opportunities through collaboration, knowledge sharing and continuous learning and development, and as such are able to provide opportunities to a range of developers with different skillsets and experience.
An average day will generally involve:
- Throughly testing changes and new features added across our platforms
- Creating detailed test plans and documentation to track outcomes
- Liaise with developers and other stakeholders to have defects and quality issues corrected
- Ensure that the final work product meets all the requirements of the feature's scope
- Validate and verify that features and functions are working as intended
- Educating software engineers on common defects and mentoring them in improving their own self-testing abilities
The right person (is it you?)
- Has one to three years' experience working within the software development life cycle (we'll take personal & self taught experience into consideration as well)
- Is extremely detail oriented and can identify user experience problems
- Has a good understanding of software development and programming
- Is curiosity and can 'think outside the box' to determine niche edge cases
- Can problem solve and assist in debugging complex issues
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knows their way around a command line and has an understanding of Linux environments
- Has an excellent understanding of relational databases (particularly MySQL), is confident writing SQL queries
- Can create specific test scenarios through manual manipulation (such as editing DB values, making minor code edits, 'faking' dates, etc)
- Has worked with RESTful APIs and SOAP Web Services
Handy things to have (or are able to learn)
- Experience with QA Software such as SoapUI, Postman, BurpSuite, ZAP, Fiddler
- Experience with project management tools such as Jira and Trello
- Experience with PHP and React.JS development
- Knowledge of the Domain Names and Web Hosting (cPanel, WHM, Plesk, etc) industry
- Knowing your way around Git (including GitHub) and has a good understanding of version control
The benefits of working with the Nexigen Digital team
Aside from being awarded “Employer of Choice” in the Australian Business Awards, we are often referred to as the Google of south-east Melbourne thanks to our unique facilities and team culture, and a top-down mandate to take care of the people who take care of our customers.
Some of the office perks include:
- A weekly selection of delicious meals prepared in our on-site kitchen for breakfast and lunch.
- A fully-stocked snack bar featuring an assortment of chips, chocolates, nuts, protein bars and fresh fruit.
- A drink fridge loaded with an assortment of soft drinks, juices and water.
- A fully equipped private gym with weekly on-site personal training sessions
- Barista-made coffee and tea delivered to your desk.
- A team wellness centre with a sound-proof gaming stadium featuring an 85” 4K TV, racing car simulator, pinball machine, arcade machine, air hockey table, and comfortable chill-out bean bags.
- A Wheel of Rewards for recognising outstanding contributions to the company.
- An on-site salon where our resident barber and stylist provide free haircuts on a regular basis.
We actively encourage training and upskilling for personal development and will fund courses that have a beneficial impact on the business.
Please note that due to strict security requirements the successful applicant will be required to complete a National Police Check as a condition of employment.