Who is Plenti?
Plenti is a fintech lender, providing faster, fairer loans through smart technology and outstanding customer service. Our proprietary technology delivers award-winning automotive, renewable energy and personal loans to help creditworthy borrowers bring their big ideas to life.
We are a dynamic and innovative business that is growing strongly. By continuing to deliver better customer value and experience we are taking market share from incumbent players in the personal lending, renewable energy and automotive finance markets.
We are a fast moving and ambitious organisation that seeks to bring in smart and capable people who can take ownership of their role to help the business continue to grow and thrive. We have approximately 200 people based in Australia and are a small enough organisation that everyone can make a difference but we have very big ambitions that our passionate team are working to deliver.
Plenti is a founder led organisation and is now listed on the ASX with annual revenue of >$150 million. We are on a mission to be Australia’s best lender!
What's the role?
A unique and fully remote opportunity has opened up in our Legal Finance team. We’re looking for a dynamic, proactive and motivated family lawyer to be our Case Manager responsible for our Victorian matters. This is a unique opportunity for someone who has an interest in combining law and finance and to join Plenti at an exciting time as we build our Legal finance product in Victoria. You will be speaking to borrowers and law partners daily about sensitive details of their relationships and finances, so the ability to build rapport quickly is a must. You’ll also deal with lawyers and practice managers, so clear and precise communication is a key attribute we’ll be looking for.
This role would be well suited to a family lawyer looking to work outside the usual billable hours and law firm structure. It would suit someone returning to work who requires flexible hours. Passionate about making a difference to people moving towards their new start in life is crucial.
With our head office based in Sydney, this role will be a remote position based in Melbourne where you will work from home and on the road meeting with law firms
Your day to day will look like this...
• Communicating with lawyers and borrowers throughout the loan process and being the point of contact for the lawyer and borrower throughout their legal matter
• Increasing the number of partner law firms in Victoria by attending events, meeting with firms and promoting our service
Working closely with the rest of the Legal Finance team to support a growing function, to progress loan applications, and to help manage the existing loan book
• Ensuring loans are managed through to settlement
• Communicating credit decisions to both lawyer and borrower where required
• Ensure required activities on the loan are completed in a timely manner
• Querying any delays in moving deals through the funnel
• Accountability for the loan management from inception to close
• Generating contractual documents and managing their execution
• Responding to emails – client inquiries, solicitor updates, and general correspondence
• Maintaining our Customer Relationship Management database with file details and notes.
• Complying with all regulatory obligations including the NCCP Act, Privacy Act, and AML/CTF requirements (relevant training provided)
• 3+ Years experience in family law
• Degree in Law
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High degree of attention to detail and initiative
What's life like at Plenti?
Working at Plenti means joining a team that is high-performing, diverse, customer-focused and collaborative. It’s a place where everyone can “make it happen” and share in the results and rewards.
If being in a dynamic industry as part of a market-leading fintech sounds like you, then come help us positively reshape Australia’s financial eco-system. Our start-up culture fosters innovation, entrepreneurship, leadership and your career progression. We have a purpose our people believe in, and genuine values that come from deep within our business.