Amaka is a fintech company with headquarters in Sydney (Australia), focused on providing professional accounting integrations and automation solutions.
Our team spreads across the APAC, EU and NOAM regions, delivering/supporting services on a global scale.
Our products vary and range from accounting integrations, automated data extraction and reporting to more complex bespoke solutions, all aimed at saving time and money for SMB owners and professional bookkeepers and accountants.
We are looking for an Accounting Technologist to facilitate and speed up the scope, analysis and proactive design of the Amaka products. The right candidate must have a solid footing in accounting and accounting technology, able to make decisions in relation to features, use cases and bookkeeping best practices across multiple regions to unblock and speed up product analysis and innovation.
This role is required to expand on our innovation-oriented approach, in particular from an accounting perspective, to the Amaka products design. You will work very closely with the Solutions Architect and executive team to balance Amaka’s product and commercial goals.
- Assist the Solutions Architect with the product analysis and feasibility assessment from an accounting perspective
- Sign-off scope of work wireframes before commencing any product implementation
- Proactive and innovative product approach for the continuous development of the Amaka app
- Facilitate the production of industry specific accounting educational and marketing content
- Accounting technology proficient and obsessed with process automation and improvement
- Help with accounting product/market evaluation
- Work with internal and external teams to analyse the needs and align product roadmap to strategic goals
- Build and nurture a network of external consultants across multiple regions
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Commerce or Accounting degree
- 2-3 years Accounting/Bookkeeping working experience (experience in technology is desirable but not required)
- Proven experience with Xero, QuickBooks and/or other accounting software (certifications are desirable but not required)
- Understanding of accounting automation
- Experience with POS and/or e-commerce apps (desirable but not required)
- Able to read technical/API documentation
- Creative/Strategic thinker
- Active listener
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team as well as independently
- Competitive salary
- Vibrant workplace
- Option to work remotely
Join our team today! 🚀