Our technology is redefining the property industry, allowing property developers, home builders and architects to save time and money, whilst creating vibrant well designed spaces. Property and architecture have remained complex for decades and we strive to solve these problems on a global scale through rapid innovation and world-first technology.
Archistar is a fast-growth tech start-up, backed by Airtree Venture Capital. We have nearly tripled the size of our team in 2020 and we intend to double it again in 2021. We have big expansion plans for the next 12 months and we need you to help us achieve them.
What we are looking for:
Archistar is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to be part of an exciting squad within the engineering team.
You will be in a team of 3-5 engineers, with a Lead, as well as a Product Manager, Designer and QAs/test engineers to uplift the online platform that powers Archistar’s ecosystem.
You will be responsible for maintaining coding quality, design and implementation of new and agreed architectures etc. You will also participate in forums within the wider team to share knowledge, experience, best practices and collaboratively raise the standard of engineering.
Our ideal candidate
- You’re passionate about modern technology and have an interest in architecture.
- You will be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- You thrive on analysing problems, formulating solutions, and making those a reality. You build for the long term.
- You have a passion for quality and know what best-in-class engineering looks like and want to help drive the journey.
- You ‘get’ agile and feel comfortable giving input on team processes.
- You enjoy being part of every part of the Software development lifecycle.
- You can own the code from inception through to Production.
- You want to be part of a rapidly growing company and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in the technical delivery of the squad, from designing solutions to deploying them and ensuring correct operation.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies.
- Work closely to design maintainable, robust, secure systems.
- Help more junior software engineers up-skill themselves through guidance, advice and knowledge sharing.
What you'll bring with you
- Strong experience in modern engineering practices, (OOP, Microservices)
- Strong documentation skills (Confluence, ER diagrams, UML diagrams, etc)
- Excellent PHP skills including modern frameworks like Laravel/Lumen or Symfony.
- Experience with architecting microservices.
- Ability to implement Composer / Laravel packages to be consumed by microservices.
- Solid experience in Unit Testing Principles, how to mock objects for Unit testing.
- Strong database knowledge including performance optimisation, lazy loading of ORM models.
- Good understanding of how front-end frameworks access your API.
- Able to write code that handles exceptions and logs appropriately to our Datadog service.
- Working with Docker containers.
Nice to have
- Have worked with technologies such as Elasticsearch, ElastiCache/Redis.
- Have a good understanding of authentication strategies such as OAuth2, SAML and social logins.
- AWS experience or other cloud provider.
- Good understanding of CI/CD, infrastructure as code.
Every employee at Archistar gets equity! On top of that you’ll get:
- Meaningful and challenging work
- Commission and incentive scheme
- A fast paced environment, where innovation is valued
- Supportive management
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work from home
- Career Growth
- Social events and an energetic environment
- Pizza Fridays!