Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Finance Business Partner, you’ll join the Financial Performance team and support management of Afterpay’s cost base. You will play a key role in supporting selected members of the Global Leadership Team and senior members of the finance team to manage financial performance for our global business through providing financial insights, decision support and commercial analysis, and process improvements.
You will be a go-getter who embraces all opportunities to learn and add value. You enjoy getting into the financial detail, identifying root causes, and collaborating with others to develop solutions. You thrive working in a challenging, fast paced environment and are willing to roll up your sleeves, collaborate, share knowledge, and get things done.
This role can be based in either Sydney or Melbourne.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin….
- Assist senior leaders of the team with the preparation of monthly management reporting and analysis as well as budget setting and forecasting for Afterpay’s global Technology, Risk and Customer Service departments. In time, this may also include the Product department
- Deliver insights and analysis on trends and variances in Afterpay’s cost base, as well as recommendations for cost-saving opportunities
- Lead ad-hoc financial analyses to support business decisions and investment priorities with a mindset focused on operational excellence
- Collaborate with business leaders and other Finance team members across all Afterpay’s operating regions to ensure accuracy of opex classification, capitalisation and accounting
- Continuously work with other team members, including Financial Planning & Analysis, Financial Control, Finance Transformation, and other functions as required to deliver continuous improvement in processes and way of working
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
- You will have a passion for working with complex data sets and have a great eye for detail
- Your head will be abuzz with things we should be doing to deliver best practice systems and processes
- Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Commercial Finance and Finance Business Partnering would be highly desirable
- You are ideally CPA/CA qualified with experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic company
- You have an ability to concisely and effectively distil information into key performance drivers
- You follow through, you show up, and make it happen, fast
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in either Sydney or Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!.
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices