Imagine if you could get anything you need for your home at the tap of a button, performed by the best possible person, for the fairest price, immediately. That's what we're building at :Different. Our vision is to create your home assistant, tackling the trillion-dollar home services market around the world.
Our mission is to take care of homes and the people in them. We’re starting with rebuilding property management by taking care of investment property homes for Australian owners and tenants.
We know what it takes to build a successful startup. :Different has two co-founders with many years of experience in Silicon Valley. Mina was the first Product Manager and ultimately, global Head of Product at Uber. Ruwin was a Principal on Google’s global business strategy team and a Director at Softbank, the world’s largest internet sector investor. Both have deep experience and networks in the technology space.
We’ve raised multiple rounds of capital from top Silicon Valley and Australian VCs. We’ve grown rapidly, operate in three Australian capital cities and have plans to expand further around Australia and into other global markets.
In this role you will work on one of our distributed product teams, building production quality software to help our customers have access to useful information efficiently and optimise business processes for our owners, tenants, suppliers and operations team members.
- Product Driven - understand the product life cycle, features, technical debt, QA, supporting quality at speed
- Write production quality software in React/Typescript frontend and GraphQL/ Nodejs backend
- Write unit/functional tests to build high-quality software
- Debug and fix production issues
- Work within a cross-functional product/engineering/design team to brainstorm solutions and build innovative products
- Partner with our Operations teams to understand their pain and solve it
- Commercial experience coding in MERN stack or similar
- Proficient in database technologies like MySQL and Mongo
- Exposure to AWS technologies (EC2, Serverless, SNS, Elasticsearch)
- Experience in building API using REST or GraphQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player.
Non essential; but helpful experience
- Experience with React Native, Firebase
- Exposure to terraform or any IaC tools
- Exposure to monitoring tools like Datadog or similar.
What you will get from us
- Freedom and expectation to build incredible products, solving real-world problems
- Long-term career opportunities - as an early Engineering team member, there are lots of opportunities to grow professionally, as well as play a critical part in our long-term product strategy
- Opportunity to be deeply embedded in the workings of a fast-scaling series B startup, helping to grow a team, ways of working and culture
- A generous salary, bonus and equity package
- Flexible working hours - hybrid of remote/office
- Opportunity to grow into a technical lead or an Engineering Manager role
Other things of note
- We encourage & welcome applicants with a wide range of years of experience, from just a few years to decades' worth. We don’t care where you went to college—or even if you did. It doesn’t matter if your experience is with the well-known or the unknown. We care about what you can do, the passion you bring, and how you can help us achieve our ambitions.
- We encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above. We’d like to account for the fact that we may have overlooked, under-counted, or over-indexed on some of these requirements.
:Different is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.