WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
Are you an experienced Senior Product Manager looking to be at the cutting edge of athletic performance and the human body? If you are an enthusiastic and highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology, human performance and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you.
Based in Melbourne, this Snr. PM will be primarily responsible for the hardware and firmware that empowers sports scientists, performance coaches and athletes to conduct deep analysis of Athlete performance. Catapult Sports is known for delivering the highest quality data with exceptional low latency (near real time) even in difficult signal quality environments. It will be your job to envision and bring to life our next generation of player tracking devices, beacons, docks, vests and IMU sensors that build on our data quality legacy. You will be responsible for saving users time in daily workflows, capturing new metrics that impact human performance and providing training and rehab recommendations across 40+ sports globally.
You will be responsible for representing the voice of the customer while collaborating with engineering, industrial designers, manufacturers and other PMs to steer development aligned with identified market needs and defined product objectives. You will discover, prioritise and evaluate the finer detail of our hardware and firmware product ensuring our products meet and exceed the expectations of our sporting teams and their athletes.
We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high quality experience. Our Product Managers need to match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work with leading edge technologies to deliver ‘live’ data about an athlete’s physical and physiological performance including Catapult and 3rd party partner IP
- Be the voice of the customer for our hardware and firmware products, mapping customer journeys, working to analyse market requirements, competitor products by deeply understanding customer problems to uncover unmet needs.
- Provide vision and direction to your team and other stakeholders around how we should evolve our hardware products and development process
- Work collaboratively within cross-functional teams that include hardware and firmware engineering, manufacturing partners, industrial designers, quality assurance, other product managers, customer support, sales and marketing experts
- Lead alpha, beta and general availability go-to market programs
- Partner with hardware engineers, 3rd party partners and cross functional partners on research and development projects of emerging technologies, maintaining a focus on what we need to do to unlock value for our end users
- Ensure our product testing and validation process meets the highest standards
- Value simplicity and being able to find the fastest path to deliver maximum value to our customers.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 6+ years of product management or adjacent experience with 3+ years working on hardware products
- Strong project management experience involving multiple stakeholders in different timezones
- Technically adept systems thinker, ideally with a Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience working as a hardware engineer
- Experience in GPS, Local Positioning System (LPS), ultra wide band or bluetooth technologies, preferred
- Strong go-to-market experience, business acumen, and experience navigating executive-level reviews as a product leader
- Be guided by data, show an understanding of measuring impact
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creative thinker with a vision.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-motivated with high intellectual curiosity
- Results-oriented mindset with a bias for action.
- Bachelors or masters degree in computer science or engineering preferred
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.