Catch is embarking on a journey of data-driven innovation and adopting big data analytics to ultimately provide a leading experience to its customers. As our business grows, so does our data team and we have a new Analytics Engineer position within the team.
The role will see you join a group of super talented Data engineers, Scientists and BI analysts, will support a team of data scientists for design, development and operation of Catch’s advanced analytics capabilities and ML solutions. You will work closely with the team to understand data and analytics requirements and design the appropriate engineering framework for the productionisation of machine learning models.
What you’ll be doing
What does a normal day in the life of an Analytics Engineer look like?
While no two days are alike at Catch, but you could probably expect your typical day to include some of the following things:
- Researching, testing and implementing appropriate ML automation practices
- Designing, and developing data pipelines
- Managing the DevOps workflows and Infrastructure for data & analytics services & applications
- Ensuring the platform is providing the required data, functionality, and performance
- Developing data engineering patterns, framework and best practices for metadata-driven data engineering processes for data pipelines.
- Managing and configuring data engineering workflows and supporting in building advanced analytics data solutions
- Work with internal stakeholders to assist with data and analytics related technical issues and support their needs by solving business problems and finding opportunities.
- Collaborate with technical teams so required ETLs and data structures are developed/enhanced, and create an automated machine learning based data solution
What you’ll bring to the role
- You’ll bring 3-5 years of experience as a data engineering within data and analytics domain. This includes having experience in ingesting and processing data from various types of source systems.
- You’ll have significant experience in building and managing the cloud infrastructure required for a data warehouse in AWS. This includes S3, EMR, Athena, Redshift, Glue
- You’ll bring experience with CI/CD workflows & data service productionisation practices
- You’ll have advanced working knowledge of SQL and programming (preferably Python) knowledge and experience
- Advanced working knowledge of DevOps and Kubernetes knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of best practice in automation & optimisation of training & deploying models
- Knowledge of best practice in optimising columnar and distributed data processing systems and infrastructure
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to solve complex machine learning model deployment with scalable solutions using ML productionisation and DevOps practices.
Drive and passion are hard to generate when we're not feeling valued or having fun, so we make sure our Catchies are looked after well! We provide our passionate people with:
- An organisation that is experiencing exponential growth
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organisation as well!
- An organisation that truly does what some call ‘work/life' balance (we just say live your life)
- 'Catch your weekend back!' Bringing services like dry-cleaning, haircuts, nails, massage, car washing and "life admin" stuff into our Monday-Friday routine to have more time for fun on the weekend!
- Unbelievable employee benefits like discounted gym membership, Kmart discount card and access to other perks within Kmart, free parking, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, in house learning and development, monthly lunches plus loads more...
Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australia’s online retail landscape. We’ve come a long way since!
We’re not just one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
And we’re just getting started…
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.