ROLLER is a global software-as-a-service company, designed to help businesses in the leisure and attractions industry operate more efficiently, more effectively, and deliver exceptional guest experiences. ROLLER helps its customers offer amazing guest experiences through a full suite of venue management features, including ticketing, point of sale, CRM, self-serve kiosks, memberships, digital waivers and more. We are a fast-growing global company, with customers in over 30 countries, in a wide array of industries, ranging from theme parks, museums, zoos, trampoline parks, water parks, aquariums, wake parts - just to name a few!
At the heart of ROLLER is our team - which consists of 70+ highly energetic, driven, intelligent, and humble professionals, all contributing to helping build a successful, and enduring business. We truly believe that the sky’s the limit, and we are well on our way to becoming a global success story. Most of all, we love what we do...and we are looking for like-minded people to join us on this incredible journey!
As the Front-end Software Engineer, your day to day tasks will consist of analysing product requirements, identifying technical approaches, making practical choices among multiple solutions and writing maintainable code.
We are a team of people that are always raising the bar and inspired by the positive impacts we bring to our customers and our industry. We all go together and you can join a team that makes it happen, has team members who are extensively experienced in designing and implementation of software solutions.
We are self-starters who are curious and shake the tree whilst thriving on being involved, with a desire to collaborate with teammates distributed across different timezones.
You’ll be surrounded by egoless, team-oriented people who keep it real and focus on successful outcomes to be able to make a genuine impact doing the best work of your life and obsess over customer success.
The Product team is predominantly based in Melbourne, however, this opportunity is relevant to candidates located in any region within UTC +8 to +12. Employees are able to work from home or we can organise space in a suitable co-working facility.
You will work closely with our designers and back-end teams to make our software magical by:
- Building and enhancing the user interface of our suite of Angular apps
- Improving the efficiency and familiarity of user experience via design systems and reusable components
- Applying a pragmatic lens to designs to collaborate with designers to maximise user outcomes with available resources
- Leveraging your experience and interest as we chart towards the use of Progressive Web Apps to evolve our apps
Desired Qualifications & Experience
- 4+ years of experience as a Front-end Software Engineer
- Comprehensive knowledge of modern HTML and CSS including pre-processors (SCSS, LESS)
- Commercial experience with Angular/AngularJS
- The ability to write CSS in an explicit portable manner with correct selector intent
- Ability to review technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Understanding of cross-device and browser compatibility
- Proficient in use of Figma, Sketch, Invision and equivalent applications
- Front end build tools such as Gulp.js, Bower or Grunt
- Git version control
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge of OOCSS - Experience with Inuit or the BEM architecture will be looked upon highly
- Experience working with Component Library tooling and/or design systems
- Experience with transitional and feedback animation
- Experience in working with modern, cloud-based architectures, RESTful APIs, event-driven services and serverless tools
- Focus on continuous delivery and automated deployments, experience with CI/CD
- Attractive salary package and benefits
- You get to work on an exciting product, in a fun, high growth industry, that Customers really love - check out our Capterra and G2 reviews
- Work from home or co-working space allowance
- Vibe Tribe - led by our team members, you have the ability to directly contribute to company-wide initiatives! Regular events and social activities, fundraising & cause-related campaigns… you name it, we’re willing to give it a go!
- Employee Assistance Program to proactively support our team’s health and wellbeing - access to coaching, education modules and weekly webinars and more!
- Work with a drive, fun and switched on team that likes to raise the bar in all that we do
- Genuine career growth opportunities as we continue to expand