Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We've grown 100% year on year since inception, and expanded globally in late 2020. We now service over 80,000 businesses and we will continue to grow rapidly in 2022 and beyond.
Our Sydney team is looking for a new Employment Hero Super Star to join our dynamic finance team. Following on from our massive growth as well as investment from big guns such as Seek, Airtree Ventures and One Ventures, we are looking for an Assistant Accountant in this newly created role to help us sustain this growth and prepare for the future. Reporting to our Financial Controller, this person will be responsible for our day to day accounting and adding value through developing solutions to problems you encounter throughout your journey with Employment Hero.
We have recently launched internationally and as part of your role you will have exposure to international transactions.
The ideal candidate has shown ambition to grow and is a self-starter, not willing to settle. You will have support and mentoring from our CFO and Financial Controller and will be encouraged to develop your technical and interpersonal skills where you will constantly be challenged on a day to day basis, while completing your fully paid CPA/CA. Experience with IT is advantageous as it’s what we specialise in, and you will be using technology to solve problems.
This role comes with full on the job training but be aware you will be expected to handle ambiguity in your new role. You will have multiple career pathway opportunities, but it is entirely up to you to make this job your own and steer your own direction.
This is a full-time role and will be based from our Sydney Hub Office at 441 Kent Street, with the ability to be flexible and work from home. The salary range on offer is $60,000 - $70,000 per annum plus superannuation.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Assisting with all aspects of the customer journey process: maintaining customer accounts, billing and direct debits and reconciling customer payments
- Accounts payables and receivables
- Processing payments and invoices accurately and within expected time periods
- Handling internal and external customer queries
- Working with other departments on all finance-related queries
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and preparing journal entries for accruals, prepayments, deferred revenue and depreciation
- Credit card and bank reconciliation preparation
- Assistance with month-end processes and reporting
- Assisting the CFO and Financial Controller with any ad hoc tasks and projects
- A minimum 6 months to 2 years relevant work experience
- BCom or equivalent accounting degree
- Part CPA/CA qualified or looking to start
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Hungry, creative, enthusiastic, and data-driven with a diverse skill set to thrive in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Have strong communication, presentation and listening skills
- Possess excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Experience with NetSuite
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements - remote applications welcomed
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!