Who We Are
What do Airbnb, Kind and Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better and grow highly engaged employees. They also make up a community of over 2,000 organizations from around the globe who stand together to change the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, and London, Culture Amp isn’t just for fast-growing startups - we’re for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, and act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, and turn company culture into a competitive edge.
It’s what makes us the world’s leading employee feedback platform.
The Opportunity at Culture Amp
We are looking for a Data Modeller to unlock maximum value from our data and analytics platform. In this role, you’ll work with our core stakeholders, both technical and non-technical to:
- Gather and document data requirements throughout the business
- Prioritise a backlog of work and communicate progress to relevant stakeholders
- Prepare the data for business intelligence by applying business rules and applying appropriate modelling techniques
- Document our data so everyone knows what it means and how to use it
- Partner with our data engineers to ensure our data pipelines are working as expected and are sourcing the required data
- Be ready to tune our query engines (Redshift, Spark, Presto) when the need arises
- Coach others on how best to use data to make decisions
What skills you'll bring to the Culture Amp
- Ability to work with different stakeholders to understand the data and make it useful
- Understanding of data modelling techniques including strong experience building star schemas and publishing them for business intelligence
- Advanced SQL across at least two different database engines
- Experience working with semi-structured database data
- Demonstrated experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Working with complex, data governance requirements
The following skills are highly advantageous, but not all are required for the role.
- Familiarity with code-based ETL orchestration tools such as Airflow
- Experience working with streaming data ingestion systems, such as Kafka or Kinesis
- Knowledge of cloud solutions for big data, especially on AWS
- Familiarity with Redshift, Presto and Spark
- Experience building tracking plans for digital analytics tools
- Experience with digital analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Mixpanel or Amplitude
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please address 3 of the following bullet points in your cover letter. A few sentences is fine:
- What is a star schema and why is it useful?
- In your experience, what has been a common impediment to the adoption of business intelligence systems? How can this be mitigated?
- What is pseudonymisation and why is it important?
- What does it mean to “separate storage from compute”? Why is this useful? And when might it be a bad idea?
- What are the merits of a digital analytics tool such as Google Analytics versus a business intelligence tool such as Tableau?