Director, Credit Risk Strategy
Meet Athena, the Home Loan Wrecker
We are Athena and we are a fintech that has transformed home loan lending in Australia for the better, and we’re only just getting started!
We are not a bunch of bankers. Unlike them we actually give a buck about the customer. We are here to lighten the loan for Australian’s reducing their mortgage life sentence. Because life is too short for a long home loan.
We launched early 2019 and have had tremendous growth, with ambitious plans to scale rapidly. We’d love you to be part of the next journey.
Are you a strategic thinker that is passionate about making a difference in the lives of Australians looking for the best home loan solution? If this is you, then we’ll be excited to meet you! Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, this is a strategic leadership role responsible for delivering a robust credit risk framework at Athena. This involves providing meaningful leadership, develop insights into action and foster a high-performance business to protect the Athena brand and bottom line.
- Being a strategic leader responsible for setting the Credit Risk Appetite for Athena which includes monitoring market trends, understanding the competitive landscape and knowing all legislative requirements
- Meet with senior Athena leaders to deliver updates and drive credit risk changes
- Maintaining and driving critical policies for the continued success of Athena including Risk Appetite Statement, Responsible Lending Obligations, Lending Policy and DLA Framework
- Managing critical vendor relationships related to credit services including contract negotiations and on-going management
- Participate in industry discussions, including regular Australian Retail Credit Association workshops to strengthen the credit bureau reporting system
- Perform probably of default modelling to make informed appetite and policy decisions in order to maintain a low delinquency mortgages portfolio
- Having oversight into risk control performance within the end-to-end application value chain (i.e., policy waivers trends, rules engine outcomes, DLA decisions/mitigation, quality results)
- Undertake thematic reviews (i.e., reviews based on application risk combinations such as LVR, postcode, serviceability, employment type/length or environmental hazard events)
- Engage in new services or innovation that increase the standard of execution at Athena which includes working with internal stakeholders and/or external vendors to drive and deliver change
- Ensure effective change management when changes to policies and procedures are required
- 5+ years in Finance and Risk related roles, mortgages experience preferred.
- You embrace change
- You engage well with stakeholders
- You possess strategic insight
- Have credit and risk expertise
- Passionate about quality
- You're an inspiring and effective leader
- Strong oral & written communication skills and execution focus
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible and casual working environment
- Ability to work from home
- Loads of support and training
- Fantastic team culture with monthly events
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.
Please be sure to add [email protected] to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.