This is an exciting role for someone who is looking to help craft the future of a global design platform. You will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative role which requires an innovative designer, a helpful mentor, a team player, and a skilled communicator - does this sound like you? Well keep on reading!
99designs is the world’s global creative platform that makes it easy for clients and designers to work together to create designs they love. Our mission is to champion creativity to create opportunities for people around the world. Founded in 2008, 99designs has grown from a small, online forum into a worldwide community of talented designers that is now the go-to solution for businesses, agencies, and individuals.
The Design team includes Product Designers and UX Researchers, who work across the end to end experience for both clients and creators. Each designer is embedded within a ‘Group’ who focus on key parts of the user journey.
As a Design Manager within the Exploration Group a large aspect of your role will be to mentor your team and nurture the 99d design culture; drawing the best work out of your team and enabling their growth and success. You will be an experienced leader that has collaboratively worked with product and engineering and marketing to find the best solutions for the humans that use the platform.
This role has a focus on top of funnel activities, the 99designs’ homepage, blog and product pages. As such this role requires a strong design leader and people manager (with a good dose of UX, Visual Design and UI experience), who is equally as passionate about getting stuck in the weeds to help solve problems, as well as using data to inform design decisions. You’re a creative thinker and able to help your team of designers unpack complex problems and create intuitive experiences.
Does this sound like you?
To be successful in this role you will bring extensive experience designing products/services, including responsive and transactional web apps. Exceptional intellectual curiosity, a passion for problem solving and a love for working with ambiguity.
You are known as an expert in facilitating best practice design process, methodologies, and tools when leading and collaborating in agile cross-functional teams. Communication is key and you have a love for organization, documenting and sharing knowledge from research studies and collaborative design sessions. You are well versed with analytics, UX Research methodologies , wireframes, prototypes and have worked in highly collaborative, cross-functional environments that includes pairing directly with engineers.
Now, while you like to keep your creativity muscles sharp, your passion is in flexing your management and leadership skills, and have had great success stories of mentoring and coaching team members!
As 99d continues to scale, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team that reflects the communities in which we operate. We want people to feel like they belong and can bring their whole selves to work. Our aim is to continue to foster a collaborative environment with a keen focus on innovation, growth and ownership. Below are just some of the things we do to support our people:
- Career development and learning in whatever way suits you! Think paid R&D days, courses, formal and informal mentoring, conferences… however you learn best 99d has got you covered.
- Culture of workplace flexibility and wellness. Study? Parent juggling? Everyone has different needs and the business will support you in the best way we can. Some people work remotely, some with flex start and finish times...the common thread is it’s all about your individual needs.
- Support for working parents. Paid parental leave policy for both primary and secondary carers, which can be accessed part time and is in addition to government payments.
- Support for the community. In addition to 99nonprofits, 99designs provide one paid volunteer day a year for you to support a charity and the community as you see fit!
- 99d are also a Proud Code Like a Girl internship partner, host of Girl Geek Academy hack days, & maintain popular open source projects, and support a range of other community groups. It’s in their DNA.
If you would like to flex your creativity to build on a platform who directly enables your global community (designers) then this is not a role to miss!
Apply, say hi!