Catch is embarking on a journey of data-driven innovation and adopting big data analytics to ultimately provide a leading experience to its customers. As our business grows, so is our data team and we have a new Data Engineer opportunity to join the team.
The role will see you join a group of super talented Data engineers, Scientists and BI analysts, you’ll use your previous experience in developing new and effective ways to store and access organisational data. This means having worked across the design, build and testing of data architectures and the tools that enable effective access and interpretation of data across Catch.com.au.
What you’ll be doing
What does a normal day in the life of a Data Engineer look like?
While no two days are alike at Catch, but you could probably expect your typical day to include some of the following things:
- You’ll design, develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse/data lake and data engineering solution on cloud at an enterprise scale including data marts, metadata, data warehouse models
- You’ll develop data engineering patterns, framework and best practices for metadata-driven data engineering processes for both data pipelines and data warehouse ETL processes
- You’ll manage and configure data engineering workflows, support building advanced analytics data solution
- You’ll conceive analytics and business intelligence solutions for internal stakeholders to power business analytics by applying dimension modelling.
- You’ll work with internal stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs to solve and find business problems & opportunities.
What you’ll bring to the role
- You’ll bring 3-5 years of experience as a data engineering within data and analytics domain. This includes having experience in ingesting and processing data from various types of source systems.
- You’ll have significant experience in building and managing the cloud infrastructure required for a data warehouse in AWS. This includes S3, EMR, Athena, Redshift, Glue
- You’ll bring working knowledge of data platform concepts - data lake, data warehouse, ETL, big data processing (designing and supporting variety/velocity/volume), real time event streaming and stream processing architecture for data platforms
- You’ll bring experience with CI/CD workflows & data service productionisation practices
- You’ll have advanced working SQL and programming (preferably Python) knowledge and experience
- You’ll be experienced in designing and implementing the dimensional modelling
- You’ll have knowledge of best practice in optimising columnar and distributed data processing system and infrastructure
- Strong attention to detail skills in data quality, data cleansing and data validation skills will be part of your toolbox
- You’ll have experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You’ll have experience with a modern enterprise-grade BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, or Qlikview
- We operate in a fast-paced Agile environment.
Drive and passion are hard to generate when we're not feeling valued or having fun, so we make sure our Catchies are looked after well! We provide our passionate people with:
- An organisation that is experiencing exponential growth
- Support and collaboration, not just with their immediate team, but with the broader organisation as well!
- An organisation that truly does what some call ‘work/life' balance (we just say live your life)
- 'Catch your weekend back!' Bringing services like dry-cleaning, haircuts, nails, massage, car washing and "life admin" stuff into our Monday-Friday routine to have more time for fun on the weekend!
- Unbelievable employee benefits like discounted gym membership, Kmart discount card and access to other perks within Kmart, free parking, free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, in house learning and development, monthly lunches plus loads more...
Back in 2006, Catch set out to shake up Australia’s online retail landscape. We’ve come a long way since!
We’re not just one of the country’s top eCommerce players, with a proven track record of growth, an award-winning digital platform and second to none customer experience offering. Behind the scenes, we’re a world-class team of creatives, strategists, developers and innovators, and we’re on the hunt for like-minded people to jump on board.
We don’t play by the rules. We push boundaries. We think big. We stay curious and driven. Together, we embrace challenges and learn new things. All this, for one purpose: to provide our customers with an amazing online shopping experience, every day.
And we’re just getting started…
At Catch, we welcome all applications and screen them without attention to race, age, beliefs, sex, orientation, gender identity and disability.