Are you an experienced Firmware Engineer? Would you like to help build the next generation Wi-Fi chips that will enable a new generation of Internet of Things (IoT) devices? Then join Australia’s fastest growing semiconductor startup. You’ll work with the team that invented Wi-Fi 20 years ago, and help them shape the future of Wi-Fi for IoT.
You will join a firmware team implementing the IEEE 802.11ah standard on Morse Micro’s state-of-the-art RISC-V multi-core chip architecture, working closely with Analog, Systems and Digital IC Design Engineers to build and maintain an elegant embedded software architecture. Your main focus will be the firmware on our chips, but there will be necessary involvement in writing Python scripts, device drivers, core DSP loops, interrupt handlers, and other related areas.
Starting date for this role would be ASAP.
- Implementation of the 802.11ah standard in Firmware involving all layers.
- Support of chip bring up on bench.
- Implementation of Wi-Fi Alliance test suite software as required
- Various Optimisations for Performance, Footprint and Power consumption
- Device driver support for Linux and other RTOS
- Writing elegant Python scripts to facilitate testing and other tasks
- Providing an overall technical expertise and brilliance
- Wi-Fi interoperability testing may necessitate some travel (mostly USA)
- There will be some customer interaction, e.g. implementation of customer requested features, resolution of customer found issues etc
Essential skills (you must have):
- BSc in Electrical / Electronics / Communication Engineering or Computer Science
- 4+ years relevant industry experience in embedded software projects
- Proven experience in Firmware development using the C programming language
- Experience in porting and using FreeRTOS or RT-Thread Real Time Operating Systems. Including bootloaders, device drivers, interrupt handlers and DMA routines.
- Experience using software version control and issue tracking systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- A hands-on, practical attitude
Desired requirements (key skills that you should have 70% of):
- A good understanding of IEEE 802.11 standard including 802.11 security model
- Experience with RISC-V instruction set and architecture
- Experience in working on GNU/Linux, GCC and Make development environment
- Experience with wireshark for testing and debugging of 802.11 systems
- Experience with various hardware interfacing buses, like SDIO, SPI and I2C
- Familiar with Linux kernel development and Linux applications for embedded devices
- Experience using Python for tools and scripts.
- Experience in using static analysis and automated testing tools.
Bonus skills (if you have those you can stand out among the crowd, don’t sweat it if you don’t):
- Good understanding of C++
- Familiarity with software defined radio (SDR) such as GNURadio
- Familiarity with digital design languages such as VHDL, Verilog and SystemVerilog or IC design flows from Cadence or Synopsys
- Familiarity with Matlab
Who we are:
Morse Micro is a fabless semiconductor company building Wi-Fi HaLow (802.11ah) chips for the Internet of Things (IoT). We are a team of wireless experts that love to innovate & invent. Together, we are building the world’s lowest power Wi-Fi technology that will enable billions of IoT devices to connect securely to the internet.
Check out what it is like to work for us:
What we offer:
- Competitive salary + excellent stock option package
- Potential to sponsor a work visa for the right candidate
- Healthy work environment with sit/stand desks and large screens
- Office perks such as stocked drinks fridge, snack bar and barista coffee
- Newly fitted-out offices, with a relaxed, friendly work environment
How to apply:
If you are interested in building the first 802.11ah chipset together with the inventors of Wi-Fi, then send us your resume and application letter and tell us why you should become Morse Micro's Senior Firmware Engineer.
A note to recruitment agencies - We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.