As an established Australian born business, we’re proud to be ranked 3rd for the AFR's Best Places to Work 2022!!!! and we are continuing to supercharge our growth by turning the global market Amber. That’s right, “Aussie Amber” (our brand colour, aptly nailed by our Marketing Team!)
In doing so we’re changing the way people pay, for the better, and we’d love you to join us in our mission.
About the opportunity:
As an Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical consulting, product guidance and support to merchant partners integrating Openpay into their online and in-store infrastructures.
We are seeking a dynamic individual with fast innovative thinking skills, strong communication skills, excels at customer interaction, exceptional technical and problem troubleshooting skills, and can thrive in a collaborative team environment.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Provide technical analysis, software engineering support, and product function expertise to businesses implementing Openpay payment solutions
- Understand client’s business and translate business requirements into an integration solution which is compliant with Openpay internal guidelines and policies
- Work closely with client’s development team and provide step-by-step guidance through the integration process and ensure the integration adheres to the best practice integration guidelines
- Perform on-call coverage for escalations and critical issues
- Identify, troubleshoot, and run test scenarios for technical issues encountered with the Openpay platform, API endpoints or the integration code; communicate fixes or workarounds for issues
- Collaborate with Openpay engineering teams to ensure proper monitoring and reporting is in place before the integration going live
The Team you’ll be joining
We believe every new team member has an opportunity to add to our culture – we’re a vibrant team of Podcasters, Ultra-Marathoners, Weightlifters, Chess Players, Students and more, so we’re looking for people who want to be part of a diverse and ever-changing team.
As we grow, we change, so you’ll be flexible, willing to evolve as our systems and processes do. Always tenacious, you’ll relentlessly pursue opportunities and will be quick to bounce back if you encounter a setback. Most importantly, you’ll be kind - our team appreciate and support each other (particularly this year) so you’ll want to be part of that team spirit.
What you’ll need to have:
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a systems engineer / technical consultant
- A solid working knowledge of enterprise eCommerce platforms and POS/ERP systems.
- Knowledge and integration experience with e-commerce and point-of-sale environments such as but not limited to Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Hybris, Demandware
- Experience with developing and consuming REST / SOAP web services
- Strong technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Persuasive communicators who can convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audience
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, work independently and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Experience in the payment industry is a plus
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
Short-listed candidates will be advised by telephone. Please note, due to the requirements of this role, candidates must have full working rights in Australia.
Openpay is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.