At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1 billion in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
With Spaceship Capital being the Responsible Entity for three managed investment schemes you will report to the Chief Financial Officer and play a vital role in building out Spaceship’s fund accounting environment.
Specifically, you will:
- Be responsible for fund accounting including the preparation of annual and half yearly financial statements for Spaceship’s managed investment schemes.
- Manage and oversee fund audits and interactions with key external and internal stakeholders (auditors, tax agents, banks, etc.) together with Fund Operations and the wider Spaceship team.
- Prepare and oversee annual (and semi-annual) trust distributions.
- Manage the tax reporting, lodgements with our outsourced service providers.
- Facilitate key reporting projects and be accountable for ongoing reporting requirements (FATCA, CRS).
- Manage and oversee the cash flow process together with Fund Operations while also maintaining strong relationships with our banking partner.
- Drive process efficiencies through the use of automation and technology enhancement, working in partnership with the Fund Operations team to deliver effective system integration, and more.
- Develop and maintain a strong governance and control environment, with continuous review and iteration of controls, policies and procedures.
- Have strong understanding of the unit pricing process to support Fund Operations and the Fund Operations Manager from time to time
What are we looking for?
Spaceship is a financial technology company, and so we emphasise using technology to do things efficiently and effectively. As such, we are looking for a tech-savvy finance professional; someone who is equally proficient at the core fundamentals of fund accounting as they are with solving problems and picking up new technologies.
You will need to understand how Spaceship’s proprietary technology platform works, and contribute to its development by interacting directly with the product and engineering teams to ensure the work is scoped out and prioritised appropriately.
Moreover, we are interested in:
- Deep knowledge and experience in fund accounting (managed investment schemes) within a middle office or custodian environment.
- Understanding and experience with unit registry/transfer agency and the strike process.
- Strong technical accounting and tax knowledge.
- Accounting degree or similar, and appropriate post grad qualification (CA, CPA).
- Delivery and execution focused.
- Knowledge and interest in financial markets.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- High degree of curiosity and problem solving; constantly seeking out better ways of doing things, while considering future scalability.
- Highly organised and detail orientated, with an ability to clearly and succinctly present information to different stakeholders.
- An ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- An ability to work collaboratively in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A passion for forward-thinking trends and technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and fund accounting software platforms.
- Experience with technology enhancements and system integrations.
- Experience with SQL, or a willingness and ability to learn.
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement.
- Emphasis on a healthy work/life balance.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office.
Who are we?
We are ~50 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, resilience, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $70m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.