Who we are
Rokt makes e-commerce smarter, faster, and better. When customers are buying online, they increasingly expect more personalized and relevant experiences. Rokt uses real-time data and decisioning to deliver the next best action for each person in each Transaction Moment™. Founded in Australia in 2012, Rokt now also operates in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, New Zealand, Singapore, The Netherlands, Spain and Japan. Our clients include Live Nation, Staples, HPGoDaddy, Expedia, Wells Fargo, Vistaprint and HelloFresh. Rokt unlocks the hidden potential in every single Transaction Moment™.
With annual revenues of more than $100M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in both Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work’ NYC and ‘Great Places to Work’ US . Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us recruit, retain, and promote the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work. Rokt closed our Series C in 2019, raising US$48m from TDM Growth Partners and existing investors. The investment supports our continued investment in research and development.
We are profitable, growing fast, and having fun transforming the world of e-commerce.
Learn more at rokt.com.
About the Role
The Engineering team at Rokt is focused on building amazing experiences and solving complex problems. Our group of Engineers collaborate effectively to build great features for our customers, an awesome experience for the end user and all-the-while protecting and respecting user data and privacy. They make an impact with the products we create and shape the technical direction of the business. Roles include Engineer, Senior Engineer, Technical Specialist, Engineering Manager, Principal Engineer and Head of Engineering.
The Frontend team within Rokt Engineering is responsible for building a comprehensive, intuitive and reliable platform which represents Rokt. With a strong foundation in place, our next step is to build creative new features on top of the core platform, and this is where you come in.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Crafting high quality, robust systems with a focus on simplicity and maintainability.
- A custodian of your team’s codebase - shaping, moulding and evolving it towards our ambitious goals.
- Coding elegant solutions for meaningful problems.
- Conducting thoughtful and detailed code reviews for the team.
- Taking responsibility for system health, managing risks and security.
Capabilities & requirements
- Deep understanding of Web Fundamentals and server interaction.
- Extensive experience building applications in modern JS frameworks(Angular is preferred) written in TypeScript.
- Expertise in NodeJs.
- Experience in managing CI/CD pipelines and automation.
- Openness, excellent communication and a willingness to learn.
- A collaborative and team-oriented working style.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! In the US, access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan and get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.