We are looking for a detail oriented and commercially minded lawyer with extensive commercial contracts experience to join our legal team at Prezzee.
The role will primarily be based in our Sydney CBD office. This is a permanent part-time role with flexible hours (equivalent to 25 hours per week according to the candidate’s preference) which can be worked across the week.
We are happy to accommodate family commitments and school hours, although some after hours work will be required as you will be liaising with other legal team members in the UK and the US.
- Reporting to the General Counsel, and working closely with our in-house team across Australia, the UK and the US, this role will lead the contract review function for the global legal team.
- You will draft, negotiate and review a wide range of contracts including service contracts, procurement agreements and vendor agreements.
- You will review agreements prepared by other lawyers in the team, flagging any significant issues or risks in advance to the General Counsel.
- You will manage the document approval and signing process.
- You will assist with the scoping and implementation of a global contract management system.
- You will identify and assess potential contractual risks and propose mitigation strategies.
- You will remain informed about relevant laws, regulations and industry standards to ensure compliance.
- You will implement and enforce policies and procedures related to contract management.
- You will partner and collaborate with the business to understand pressure points, strategy and objectives and effectively communicate risks and legal issues involved in any decision.
- You will train, mentor and develop the more junior lawyers within the legal team.
- Senior in house or commercial lawyer (at least 5 yrs PQE +) with extensive contracting experience.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating, and maintaining a wide variety of commercial agreements such as sales agreements, NDAs, reseller and other channel partner agreements, and technology partnership agreements.
- Previous experience implementing a contract management system will be highly regarded.
- Collaborative - able to work with Sales, Finance and IT teams to understand their needs.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-volume environment while remaining analytical and detail-oriented.
- Proactive, with strong organisational and decision making skills.
- Can meet and own deliverables and drive your work to completion within specified timelines from start to finish independently.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal, with strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build relationships with key stakeholders.
- A desire to support and develop the more junior legal team members.
- Able to manage ambiguity and complexity in a cross-functional hybrid global environment.
The Prezzee Story
Prezzee is a global digital gifting platform that creates human connections through remarkable gifting moments. We create leading digital gift solutions for consumers, businesses and 1000+ brand partners across the world. Founded in 2014, Prezzee has evolved from a two person Australian start-up to a global business with teams and operations in North America, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
Oh, and if you're wondering about our culture?
Whilst our growth is compelling, we know it’s our people and culture that set us apart, and we're equally proud of being recognised in Australia & New Zealand and in the UK as a 2022 & 2023 Great Place to Work®, as well named Foundry's Computerworld 2024 Best Places to Work in IT.
At Prezzee, every team member plays an important role in the business, leaving a unique footprint on Prezzee’s journey. Our team may be spread out across multiple time zones, but our core values remain the same no matter where you are in the world. As a future employee of Prezzee, you're signing up to give openness, give greatness, give magic, and most importantly, always give a damn.
- We run an incentive scheme based on both company-wide targets and individual performance.
- There are generous benefits including employee referral program and staff discounts.
- We have regular virtual and face-to-face events to help us bond and maintain our community vibe.
- Self led online learning with Litmos and Linkedin Learnings, industry specific learning opportunities and Lunch & Learn sessions.
- Be an advocate or ally and create connection and belonging in our employee Resource Groups such as EmpowHer and Pride.
- Global Value Ambassador Program creating value inspired initiatives for our Prezzee People.
- Telus Wellbeing platform to support your mental, social, financial and physical wellbeing.
Prezzee is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is the key to building the best products for our customers, team culture and growing our global business. Our diversity mission is for our people to be their most authentic selves, to inspire, innovate and celebrate within a culture of belonging. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments as part of the application and recruitment process, We also encourage you to let us know of your pronoun at any point of the process.
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.