A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Ally Assist is a VC-backed startup redefining the future of the disability and allied health sector.
We are a small team of seven highly motivated individuals driven by our mission to empower Australians with a disability and their families to link with a team they want and need, to achieve their goals in the easiest way possible.
A person signs up with us, we understand exactly what their needs are and we match them with people they’ll love working with. We have a large (1000+) and growing community of allied health professionals, therapy assistants, support coordinators and disability workers; we build the tools to make working together easy.
You’ll be working on the front lines; influencing the lives of people and their families around Australia, making a real and measurable difference every day! Check out our heartwarming Google reviews.
HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL BE UP TO:
Your role will be split into TWO categories...
1. Administrative tasks:
- Helping us pay our employees and invoice our customers -- This involves completing fortnightly cycles of payroll and invoicing for all our clients, casual disability workers and in-house employees, as well as helping our client’s to manage their NDIS funding.
- Bookkeeping -- You’ll handle Ally Assist’s bookkeeping functions, including accounts receivable and payable, resolve payment discrepancies, and bank reconciliations
2. Customer Service:
- Create a seamless customer experience -- your role will also involve helping out our Customer Success Team. You’ll be responding to live chats, emails, phone support and enquiries. You’ll be feeding information back to the team so that everyone is aware and responding appropriately to help everyone that comes in contact with us to reach their goals and have a delightful experience.
- Identifying and addressing challenges and opportunities -- You’ll be listening to our user’s closely to understand their needs and collaborate with our team to collect and communicate common user feedback and trends observed.
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU:
- Based in Melbourne (we’re in the South East).
- Have 1+ years of experience with bookkeeping and payroll support for small and medium businesses.
- Are familiar with Xero, MYOB or both.
- Have excellent attention to detail, and strong organisation skills.
- Have the desire to work as part of a highly collaborative team.
- Are able to communicate complex ideas (through phone calls and emails) in ways that are easy to understand.
- Are empathic, emotionally intelligent, and driven to provide an outstanding user experience.
- Thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. Start-ups don’t stand still and you’re someone who is motivated to work autonomously while adapting to the changes.
- Have a growth mindset. You exhibit curiosity and work harder to learn and solve problems. You are open to feedback and experimenting as a means for learning.
Note: We know that people with all of these skills might not exist! As long as you have most of these skills, we can help you develop the rest.
IN AN IDEAL WORLD YOU WILL ALSO:
- Have experience managing invoicing and payroll systems with more than 400 people.
- Have deep bookkeeping knowledge and experience.
- Have an understanding of the disability sector, NDIS and our key stakeholders – this includes allied health professionals, disability support coordinators, local area coordinators and our end-users (therapy assistants and clients).
- Have experience working in a startup.
People living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
HERE'S ARE SOME REASONS WHY YOU MIGHT LIKE TO JOIN US
- You’ll constantly be part of an incredibly fast-growing startup, with the ability to genuinely disrupt an industry (that desperately needs it)
- You'll have a real and measurable positive influence on the lives of people with disabilities and families every day (see our Google reviews)
- $1000 of personal development each year
- We’re all about ‘filling your cup’ outside of work -- and take a unique approach to personal development and learning opportunities.
- Opportunity to work from home and our office in Clayton, Victoria
Apply by submitting your resume and cover letter below.
Please add the word "REDEFINE" at the top of your application to show us that you've read the whole job ad.
Our interview process has 3 steps:
- Initial phone screening with our COO
- Interview with our leadership team and potentially an opportunity to meet the rest of the team.
- Reference checks.