We're looking for an energetic, driven, inspired UX & UI designer who has an eye for detail and loves building beautiful products to help us take Valiant's product & UX to the next level!
Sitting in Valiant's Product & Experience team, you will work directly with one of Valiant's co-founders and our Product & Marketing teams to design beautiful UX to help digitise and provide a new perspective while working with Engineering to ensure the evolution from static to dynamic is an awesome success with rapid iteration as we build.
We work flexibly but effectively and believe that attitude and perspective are the most important attributes someone can bring to the team.
- Gather & evaluate user requirements in collaboration with Valiant's Product & Engineering teams
- Ideate, design & construct user interface elements & flows to solve for determined user requirements
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through fat marker mockups, wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps or mockups.
- Own design & iteration process of UI mockups & simple prototypes to illustrate feature functionality for iterative testing with Product
- Develop, help maintain & iteratively improve Valiant's digital design language, component styleguide & contribute to our broader brand guidelines
- Work with the Valiant Product & Experience team to help prepare materials for product specs & present drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Work closely with Valiant's Product & Marketing teams to redesign & refresh our customer facing marketing site, communicating Valiant's core value props creatively
- Assist Product to develop & monitor analytics flows to help identify & troubleshoot UX problems across our platform & experience
- Participate & contribute to customer interviews & internal ideation sessions
- Stay up to date with & help educate the team on best practices & emerging trends in UX design and UI patterns
You will have....
- Work experience as a UI/UX Designer or in a similar role – fintech experience a bonus but not required!
- Experience with Figma, Sketch, InVision or other visual design tools (Figma a big plus!)
- Experience designing UX flows & UI across web and mobile platforms
- Portfolio of design projects demonstrating previous UX or UI work (Dribbble, etc. is ok!)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills & excited to collaborate with internal & external stakeholders
- Effective time & project management skills with ability to work to deadlines & manage priorities
- The desire to be in a dynamic, fast-paced, high performing team that is super proud of what we do!
- Be creative & bring a new perspective :)
- Brand new pet-friendly office. Bring your furry friend to work!
- Funded Induction product training and on-going coaching and support
- Ongoing training, development and professional educational support. Take your career to the next level and become the best version of yourself.
- Inclusive, passionate and supportive team. Innovation thrives on diversity and so do we.
- Weekly Friday drinks and monthly events.
- Fun, open plan office space located in the heart of Surry Hills, steps away from cafes and restaurants
- Employee Assistance Program - Counseling