Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people, and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 65,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Gap, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu, and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, where the brand is called Clearpay.
At Money by Afterpay we have a bold ambition. We know we can support women with the feeling and impact of greater financial empowerment, so we’re developing a new mobile app.
With everyone in the race towards Financial Wellness - we need to do it in a distinctively different way, and one in keeping with how our core audience sees money and finance as an ongoing and interconnected red thread in their lives, one which contributes to their overall sense of wellbeing.
So with such a bold ambition, we are going where no one has gone before and will need Product Design to create great product experiences for Gen Z and Millennial women, understand their diverse needs, and create a compelling and resonant product experience.
You will work with a team of Product Designers developing rich and vivid design personas in order to understand and focus the design of our user experience journeys.
The role requires a seasoned design craftsperson, with hands-on skills and the focus to turn conceptual thinking into tangible solutions for critique and user feedback. You will iterate quickly and have responsibility for your designs all the way through hand-off and delivery to our engineering partners. You will be the dedicated design voice through the development and deployment phases, seeing your work in the
hands of end-users.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Work closely with product and business partners to discover and define
customer and merchant pain points and opportunities for product
- Solve complex design challenges through the participation in and curation of design programs covering research, journey mapping, sketching, and high fidelity design of solutions.
- Design and socialise low/medium fidelity solution prototypes for validation and feedback.
- Hand-off validated product designs to development teams and oversee implementation.
- Informally mentor junior design practitioners in best practices, process, and methodology.
- Have an understanding of research methodologies and the ability to conduct user interviews with customers.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be obsessed with our product. You’ll get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe. You will also be or possess:
Who are you?
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in the digital product design field.
- Experience working autonomously and leading independent initiatives.
- Deep experience in developing consumer-obsessive, lifestyle-oriented mobile app experiences
- Strong design point-of-view and comfort with challenging personal opinions.
- Experience participating in / facilitating design research, design sprints & ideation sessions.
- Ability to turn conceptual and abstract thinking into tangible product design solutions.
- Ability to communicate ideas and design decisions effectively.
- Craftsperson, strong skills and experience in Figma and design prototyping tools.
- Experience in system, web, and app experience design
- Experience working from and contributing to established design systems /design language.
- Experience working with design technologists or prototypers.
- Experience working hands-on with engineers and product managers in a fast-paced environment.
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing.
You will enjoy working from our beautiful office spaces and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly, not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply:
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!