Quantum Brilliance is the world leader in room-temperature quantum computing using synthetic diamonds. Our unique vision is to make quantum computing available as an everyday technology, from data centers to remote and mobile systems like autonomous robots and satellites. In contrast to quantum computers that fill a room, we are developing quantum accelerators with more compute power than a classical supercomputer but a form-factor smaller than a lunchbox.
Founded in 2019 by leaders in diamond quantum science from the Australian National University, we are an Australian-German full-stack quantum computing company with HQs in Canberra and Stuttgart and additional locations across Australia and southern Germany. We are working with global technology leaders to develop quantum computing applications, integrate quantum with high-performance computing, solve materials science challenges and develop ultra-precise semiconductor manufacturing and control techniques. We are backed by leading venture-capital funds and major research and technology institutes. Since our teams in Australia and Germany have been experiencing accelerated growth, we are expanding our Global Operations Team and looking for an Operations Service Designer to support a wide variety of people, projects, and initiatives locally in Germany and across Australia and the world.
The Service Designer / Business Transformation Manager is an integral part of designing, implementing and change managing new operations systems and processes at Quantum Brilliance. You will be responsible for implementing agile projects using a service design driven approach, ensuring successful management of labor, improved productivity, and quality control. You will also support in change management and communication of new processes that you implement.
This role has a focus on service and process design, including analysis of current processes, end user research, stakeholder engagement and change management required to effectively deliver key processes which support the business to scale efficiently and effectively. You will use human centered design techniques to enhance the operational procedure, systems, and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, and IT Infrastructure. You may also carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company's policies and applicable laws.
You'll work and build relationships with QB Leadership, project managers, and quantum thought leaders to drive operational excellence in our fast-growing company, ensuring that all stakeholders will be included.
- With support from our international team, you’ll take human centered approach to designing and delivering internal process and system upgrades globally and engage stakeholders to co-design entirely new systems and processes that nurture growth.
- You’ll work in a diverse team in an agile and fast turnaround environment to cleanly deliver business outcomes that make Quantum Brilliance a great place to work. You will be an early team member helping to build operational excellence and continuously improve our existing frameworks.
- You’ll communicate optimally with local and remote teams including procurement, accounting, IT, HR, Project Management, and more.
- Both direct work to other members of the team and get your hands dirty where necessary
- You’ll proactively identify what’s needed in the company and find ways to meet that need. You can balance getting things done when they’re urgent yet thinking strategically about the long-term scalability of services, processes and workflows.
- You’ll proactively drive strategically defined initiatives forward. You will focus on projects which improve and enhance the experience of other parts of Quantum Brilliance when interacting with internal operations.
- You are a firm believer in evidence-based decision making, and have a
- Work across big picture initiatives with the ability to break assignments down into manageable efforts, coordinating with the international team to ensure they can be tracked and delivered.
- You’ll be the backbone of the team: striving to continuously improve QB’s core business, collaborate with team members across the board, supporting company execution amid shifting priorities, and being a genuinely helpful person.
- 5+ years of experience across Service Design, Business Process Management and Change Management. A combination of these backgrounds is ideal.
- Ability to work autonomously in an agile, fast-paced, high-growth environment, preferably in a start-up/ scale-up organization
- Experiences in working with a remote team in different time zones with the ability to prioritize, manage and track multiple projects simultaneously
- Truly self-motivated and humbled personality, with a willingness to question one’s own assumptions and admit mistakes, and learn from them
- A firm understanding of when “good” is enough vs. when “great” is needed, and how to create excellence in both scenarios
- Excellent communications skills in English, communication skills in German will be looked upon favorably
- A Diversity Advocate displaying integrity, honesty, and openness
- Not afraid to wear various hats, but always having an eye for detail
Agile delivery, change management, stakeholder engagement, workshop delivery