Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Our developer and app partner ecosystem is a key strategic asset to Xero, and one of the largest marketplaces for business apps in the world. It connects millions of small business customers and their advisors to over 1000 app partners and financial services in the Xero App Store, and tens of thousands of users of the Xero API who build value added integrations on the Xero platform.
What we are looking for:
This is a newly created opportunity, joining the ecosystem team as the Developer and App Partner Marketing Lead. You will lead a team of marketers to develop and execute the ecosystem partner marketing strategy, accelerating the acquisition and engagement of developers and apps in the Xero ecosystem. You will collaborate with product leaders, product marketing, regional partnership and Go-To-Market teams, as well as other stakeholders across the business, to understand needs and opportunities as you develop and execute your plan.
You and your team will be responsible for championing Xero’s platform among developers and app partners, ensuring we have a compelling value proposition that is clearly articulated across relevant channels, and a widely recognised ecosystem brand. You will implement marketing strategies which foster innovation on the Xero platform, lifting brand metrics and traffic to the Xero Developer Centre, and driving usage of our APIs and developer tools. You’ll activate our app partners as they onboard into the Xero App Store so they gain full value from the platform, and turn them into our strongest advocates through targeted content, education, event and campaign activities.
What you’ll do:
• Develop, lead and execute the ecosystem partner marketing strategy, in collaboration with key stakeholders, ensuring alignment to business objectives. Including:
➢ Developer, partner and brand marketing to drive awareness and acquisition
➢ Targeted education and content to build engagement, support developer evangelism, increase product utilisation and inspire partner advocacy.
➢ Event, webinar and sponsorship opportunities including XD Roadshows, Xerocon.
➢ Integrated cross-channel digital campaigns utilising paid and organic search, socials and email
➢ Email communications and campaigns improving the developer experience, product adoption and onboarding into the Xero App Store
➢ Re-invigorating and boosting engagement across Xero developer social channels
➢ PR and comms strategies to amplify the ecosystem brand
➢ Ensure alignment with regional priorities and global marketing teams, coordinating execution to maximise efficiency.
• Coach, inspire and motivate a high performing and diverse team - with a focus on career and skills development and progression.
• Lead the strategy and optimisation of the Xero Developer Centre to drive volume and conversion through the developer acquisition funnel.
• Support product marketing and Xero App Store marketing teams with partner enablement, crafting powerful stories, presentations, messaging and resources to communicate growth initiatives that deliver enhanced value to app partners and incentivise them to join the Xero App Store.
• Establish Xero as a thought leader in the developer community, fostering innovation through best-in-class developer marketing initiatives.
What you’ll bring:
• Minimum of seven years relevant marketing experience
• Deep B2B partner/channel marketing expertise
• Technical background with developer/product marketing experience working with a technical audience
• Proven ability to inspire, coach and lead a high performing team across geographies
• Success in senior marketing, strategy and go-to-market roles, directly influencing commercial outcomes
• Experience developing marketing and campaign strategy, segmentation, positioning and messaging
• Track record delivering effective acquisition campaigns utilizing digital channels (paid media, organic, social, email), events (virtual, webinars and IRL) PR, comms and content
• Ability to analyse and interpret performance metrics, market research and data to identify opportunities, prioritise activity and inform your plans
• Experience with marketing automation, CRM and business software
• Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic, faced- paced environment, switching rapidly from strategy to execution
• Creative with a curious mindset. Unafraid to take calculated risks to test something new
• Excellent communication, storytelling and influencing skills, with the presence to engage effectively with executive-level management
• Experience in SaaS or a high-growth tech business is highly sought after
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.