Senior Product Designer
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people, and reward them for doing the right thing. We are obsessed with our product. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Afterpay is offered by more than 65,000 of the world’s best retailers and has more than 10 million active customers globally. Afterpay is offered by top fashion and beauty retailers across the globe - including eBay, The Iconic, Gap, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu, and many others. We are currently available in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, where the brand is called Clearpay.
We’re missioned to reimagine and simplify customers’ shopping experiences, which become an embedded part of our customer’s lives. The Consumer App Design team is looking for a Product Designer to help bring amazing front-door experiences to customers around the globe.
We are much more than our job descriptions - we are our energy, our ideas, our everyday drive. Here’s where you will begin…
- Solve customer problems by synthesizing behavioral information and imagining things as they might be, not as they are
- Conceptualize a broad spectrum of ideas and then narrow based on experimentation and customer research
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, content strategists, product managers, engineers, marketers, and researchersSolicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- Execute compelling UX visions, flows, wireframes, visual designs, and prototypes to product experiences with artistry, creativity, and mastery
- Push and evolve design frameworks and patterns collaborating with the design system and brand team
- Work on multiple projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately
- 5+ years of experience in user experience design, product design, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Interaction design, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or other relevant fields
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Mastery of design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- A dazzling online portfolio demonstrating your strong craft and collaborative process
We play fair and reward you for doing the right thing. You will enjoy working from our beautiful office space in Sydney or Melbourne and feel trusted to work flexibly, remaining connected to smart people in all our locations. We put opportunity before optimism and plan our careers quarterly not annually. We are proud to support working parents of all genders in every country with a market-leading, equitable parental leave program including access to up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
When you’re built from the ground up, there’s always room for growth. To challenge each other and shape a legacy built on real purpose, talent, and grit.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re excited by this opportunity, click apply now!