About the role
As a Software Engineer, you'll play an essential role in the Platform team. Our responsibility is to give our Software Engineers the runway and tools to deploy their own services.
You'll help Finder build platform products across multiple geographical regions, and be responsible for automating away manual tasks, be able to spot and resolve potential infrastructure issues before they are realised, lead key feature and product developments, be a proponent of excellent engineering practices, and commit hygienic code.
- Working with Engineering teams to set strategic goals to improve technical direction.
- Identify, improve and automate team processes and workflows.
- Responsible for automating away manual tasks across the platform.
- Spot and resolve potential infrastructure issues before we “Go Live”.
- Lead key feature and product developments.
- Embody great software engineering principles, to deliver a better experience for our users and an engaging technology-led environment.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Strong experience designing, deploying and maintaining secure infrastructure across multiple regions and availability zones.
- Strong AWS experience, including significant exposure to the primary suite of services, including EC2, Lambda, R53, S3, SQS and CloudFront.
- Experience with Logging and Metrics tools, and how they function.
- Knowledge and understanding of how infrastructure automatically scales both horizontally and vertically.
- Solid experience with Linux, any variant, but either Debian or RHEL based ideally.
- Containerisation experience, including building Docker and containerised computing platforms such as ECS and Kubernetes.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you've been looking for, select the 'Apply Now' button below to submit your cover letter and resume. Use your cover letter to introduce us to you; we want to know who you are, what you've worked on and why you think you'd be a great addition to the Finder team.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible. Email [email protected] with any questions or feedback.