Do you have a love for design, and a passion for sharing your design knowledge with the wider community?
We are looking for a skilled and experienced designer to review template designs for posters, invitations, social media graphics, videos, logos, and other similar design products, created within Canva’s drag-and-drop design tool. The goal will be to provide feedback on the overall quality of each design, as well as giving feedback on the usability of the template, and any design tweaks that need to be made from an aesthetic point of view.
You’ll also be responsible for developing a relationship with our community of talented designers - providing constructive feedback, and maintaining and updating quality guidelines. You’ll have the opportunity to create tutorials for our designers, educating them on common issues and guiding them to higher quality output more reliably.
Ensuring that our designers are empowered to provide high-quality design consistently - developing quality standards for our template collection, and working with a global cohort of designers to hit those standards (and exceed them!). Working closely with the Templates Creative Director, you will:
- Define a vision of design quality for Canva templates
- Develop a system and pipeline for reviewing hundreds of designs
- For each batch of designs, provide QA feedback on the following areas:
- Adherence to brief or style guide
- Adherence to usability guidelines
- Identify and provide feedback on technical design issues (improper line breaks in text, inappropriate/incorrect imagery, misaligned elements etc)
- Educate designers through tutorials, comms, social posts, and documentation – communicating design tips, technical requirements, and quality standards to our designers, empowering them to create better design
What we're looking for
- At least 4 years of experience in a design leadership position where you are reviewing and directing the work of others
- A sharp eye for detail and design, and an ability to follow review instructions and metrics.
- A passion for good design
- Technological aptitude to manage spreadsheets, documents, and collaborative online forums
- Experience working in a remote team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Familiarity with creating content for social media platforms well regarded