Meet Athena, the Home Loan Wrecker
Athena Home Loans launched in 2019 to help Aussie borrowers save money and pay down their home loan faster. Athena’s digital mortgage platform radically simplifies the application process passing on the savings to customers as better rates.
Customers switching to Athena are saving ~ $60,000 over the life of their loans. Since launch, Athena has settled over $1.9b in home loans, and saved borrowers over $200m in interest savings – and grown to become one of Australia’s largest fintechs.
Athena has built Australia’s first cloud-native home loan platform, covering the full value chain to acquire, originate, service and fund residential mortgages. Fintechs targeting mortgages are typically only focusing on a narrow layer of the value chain (e.g. originations), then handing back to legacy bank systems. By tackling the full stack, Athena aims to cut the cost of running a mortgage business by 70% vs. legacy players, providing sustainable advantage.
Athena has raised $200m in equity funding to date in four funding rounds from leading investors including AirTree Ventures, Apex Capital, AustralianSuper, Hostplus, Macquarie Bank, RESIMAC Group, Rice Warner, Square Peg and Sunsuper. Most recently in May 2021, Athena closed $90m in Series D funding – the largest ever Australia-led venture capital investment round.
In the past year Athena has been recognised amongst multiple consumer lending and industry awards including Canstar Outstanding Value and Innovation Excellence awards, RateCity and Mozo awards, Most Innovative company of the year, Fintech Lender and Fintech CEO of the year.
As one of our first Mobile Engineers at Athena you will join a squad with a well-defined mission to build first class mobile apps. You will have excellent architecture and solution design skills and are quick to roll up your sleeves and join the team on delivering high quality code and solutions. This role will play a key role in building a new product for Athena's customer, you will work in a fully agile team focused on React Native.
- Building React native applications - new product
- Build and test components that are semantic, accessible, and fit for use
- Collaborate with other engineers to design, architect & review software solutions on internal and cross-team technical proposals
- Ensure high quality, stable and functional changes are introduced to the platform
- Continuously increase efficiency and quality of the production environment through tooling and experimentation
- Collaborate with tech and product team members to improve the lending customer experience
- Collaborate with everyone in an open and constructive way
- You are a skilled Engineer with high standards, passion for quality
- You have demonstrable hands on experience
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You have experience with mobile app design patterns
- You can troubleshoot issues in production, help determining root causes and proposing the most appropriate solution for the situation
- You can collaborate with software engineers, product owners and other team members to understand the goals, derive/adapt requirements and implement solutions
- You thrive in an Agile, fast-paced environment
- You are a problem-solver and embrace the can-do
- You are a team player
- You are keen to learn and get comfortable with new technologies
- You proactively engage on continuous improvement efforts for application support and operation in production
What a successful candidate looks like
- Demonstrable advanced React native experience
- Strong mobile app mindset
- Solid computer science fundamentals: algorithms and data structures
- Strong design and analytical skills
- Capacity to think holistically and see the bigger picture
- Solid writing and communication skills
- Be great, be you, play nice.
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand
of freak fly.
Please be sure to add [email protected] your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.