Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Global Head of Fraud & Merchant Risk Operations , you’ll be responsible for leading the Fraud Operations team and defining the Merchant Risk Operating standards across the globe. Specifically, we are looking for a seasoned Fraud & Risk Operations professional who can devise and deliver a global strategy which focuses on reducing losses whilst balancing the experience of our merchants, customers and agents.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Work hand in hand with the Merchant Risk & Fraud Analytics teams to define a global strategy for the Fraud Operations team and set a scalable & consistent approach to reducing Fraud & Merchant related losses.
- Devise & implement a comprehensive strategic approach to Fraud and Merchant Risk across all regions
- Leadership of Operations resources in each region to enhance performance by setting clear and measurable performance measures, and holding teams to account for performance and experience.
- Develop, implement and maintain short / long term strategies to achieve best in class Fraud & Merchant Risk management - including defining best in class systems/technology and ensuring processes and resource allocation is commensurate with the organizations risk appetite.
- Provide reporting and insights back to key business stakeholders to ensure strategy/model changes are made to prevent future occurrences of loss, as well as visibility to loss prevention, losses incurred and loss recovery.
- Leverage the Risk & Analytics community expertise to develop and execute automated risk strategies and processes, balancing risk/customer experience impacts.
- Using the “Afterpay Way” philosophy and tone of voice to set and manage a framework to protect the experience of consumers impacted by Fraud and enhance the loss performance, including assessing risks, implementation of relevant controls and contingency planning.
- Co-owned responsibility for the Fraud & Merchant Risk related key metrics globally - setting & meeting Opex targets, write-off amounts, loss targets, and considerate of balancing the growth aspirations of the organisation.
- Proactively review and manage risks & create action plans to support where required to both protect and elevate customer experience and reduce customer harm.
- Identify and drive process improvements and business opportunities, with a high degree of complexity and impact to ensure best in class operations, with a particular focus on systems, simplification, automation, risk management, operations excellence, and customer experience.
- Management & oversight of all legislative requirements, regulatory matters and processes specifically relating to financial crime, charge-back management, fraud, scam related matters, Merchant Risk identification & management, and Compliance/Onboarding of Merchants to Afterpay.
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- Proven exceptional performance and process management skills to drive continual improvement across everything we do
- Delivery and outcome focused, with the ability to have impact as an individual as well as influence/ drive others to have impact
- As a ‘hands on’ leader, you will roll your sleeves up to support the team – a clear thinker with strong communication skills, and an analytical mindset who makes decisions based on data and trusts their instincts
- Have 100% alignment with the Global Director of Service Excellence/Global Director of Service Standards/Global Director of Collections & Support to deliver all aspects of an effortless customer experience, scale Operations efficiently, and aligned to the global “Afterpay way”
- Proven experience in setting and executing a Fraud & Merchant Risk strategy, ability to flex/short term pivot and alignment to business priorities, and ability to influence relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrated Change management in a high paced, scaling operational environment. Ability to pivot and adapt quickly to changing business and customer needs
- Experience in working with Merchants and law enforcement representatives to reduce financial crime and customer harm
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
Qualifications & Experience:
-10+years of senior leadership experience specialising in Fraud & Merchant Risk Operations and managing global teams
-Analytics skills with a strong quantitative background and experience using data to create and improve business strategies
-Analytics experience using SQL or python and/or ability to learn and apply knowledge of SQL (for development and management of KPI/KRIs, Fraud investigations input, trend analysis & reporting)
-Experience in payments, e-commerce, retail or other aligned domains
-Experience with relevant legislative requirements and regulatory guidance globally
-Strong communication skills (verbal/written) and ability to work cross-functionally across multiple teams locally and globally to ensure execution of change
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.