- Newly created role with global reach
- Work 100% remotely or spend time in one of the city-based small offices
- Join a fast-paced growth tech business in a critical role
We're a mission-led cloud-based construction tech startup. Sean McCreanor (co-founder and CEO) started Assignar in 2014 after experiencing the painful lack of offerings available to him as a contractor to run his own business operations. Cut to present and Assignar works with hundreds of customers, ranging from multinational, multi-billion-dollar companies to specialist contractors.
We’ve found product-market fit: Assignar is an all-in-one platform, now leading the way in digital construction operations built for contractors. We enable teams to have real-time visibility on jobsites to successfully schedule the right workers to the right projects, track equipment efficiently, and make well-informed, data-driven decisions for future projects.
We’re well funded. In 2021, we raised a $20 million Series B funding round. Investor demand was so high that in late 2021, we raised a $16.5 million secondary round. Our investors include Fifth Wall, Tola Capital, Ironspring Capital, OIF Ventures, Tiger Global, HighSage Ventures, and SecondQuarter Ventures.
At Assignar, we believe that there is a lot of overlap in responsibility between DevOps and Software Engineers. We need you to have the same belief.
About the role:
This is an incredibly rare and exciting opportunity to lead our global Infrastructure function through growth and innovation.
As a Senior Data Platform Engineer at Assignar, you will come on to a small team and immediately make a concrete impact on the growth of the business. You will be responsible for scaling Assignar's data infrastructure, optimizing data pipelines and key data tools, as well as enabling robust business and customer analytics on product and telematics datasets warehoused by the company.
Day to day you'll:
- Design and implement data models to support product and analytical use-cases
- Build large scale tabular datasets from unstructured and semi-structured log data from Assignar products and systems
- 100% Data infrastructure development. Building out ETL pipelines and stream processing architectures.
- Daily Responsibilities - 90% Hands On + 10% Mentor Duties
- Leverage Terraform to automate and orchestrate ETL pipelines across multiple systems, such as Fivetran, Snowflake and AWS RDS.
You'll bring with you:
- Strong Data Engineering background leveraging various AWS services.
- BS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience building End-to-End production data pipelines to support product use-cases
- Data modeling (SQL)
- Big Data Processing technologies
- Python programming
- AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Glue, Athena, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Experience working with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Relevant AWS Certification(s) in Big Data and Solution Architecture.
- Hands-on experience working with DevOps, CI/CD, GitHub Actions
How we care for our team
Starting on your first day with us, Assignar offers a wide range of benefits and perks that support eligible employees and their family members. Some of our benefits include:
- Remote-first culture with optional pet friendly co-working spaces. We encourage people from all locations in Australia to apply.
- Flexible work hours
- Up-skill training opportunities, coaching and training
- Equity - Everyone owns a slice of the business, no matter how senior you are or what role you’re in
- Social events - regular team events in various locations
- Laptop and Swag
We value inclusion and diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. If you feel like you don't meet all the criteria above, please apply anyway! We don't want that to get in the way of meeting you.