This position is for a full-time intermediate DevOps / Database Specialist. The DevOps / Database Specialist reports to our Software Team Lead.
We are a Brisbane-based Ag-tech startup with a focus on delivering state-of-the-art insect surveillance products to customers in agriculture. Our core product is a mobile application and data package for growers that is enabled by our unique insect sensing technology integrated into a comprehensive IoT solution. This involves real-time signal processing with a proprietary cloud backend operating on AWS.
We’re venture backed and founded by globally recognised Australian scientists. We’re on a mission to take the guesswork out of pest management for sustainable food production. We have a tight-knit and highly collaborative team and are looking for people as passionate as we are to grow our business and make an impact on a global scale.
- Maintain RapidAIM’s existing AWS infrastructure and databases that support our customer base and product offerings.
- Extend, optimise and refine our infrastructure and database models as the software team implements a pipeline of new features and products within an Agile methodology.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acquire in-depth understanding of RapidAIM’s existing AWS infrastructure systems, software, and data models.
- Be the key team member responsible for high quality, reliable, secure and efficient operation of our infrastructure and databases as new product features are implemented.
- Extend and adapt our database architecture to support the requirements of new product features.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive knowledge and experience with everything related to AWS:
- ECR / ECS (Docker clusters)
- Excellent knowledge of database design and implementation
- Proficient in CD / CI
- High level SQL skills (PostgreSQL)
- Experience with NoSQL datastores (e.g. ElasticSearch)
- Solid understanding of the requirements of backend systems that support large geospatial time-series datasets.
- Excellent skills in NodeJS (essential) and Python (desirable)
- Good communication and team skills, and a willingness to learn.
- Proven ability to work within a dynamic Agile environment (knowledge of Atlassian suite a bonus) and ability to multi-task with good follow-through skills.
- Embrace and represent the company culture that focuses on results, respect, kindness, and care to all colleagues and staff at RapidAIM Pty Ltd.
- We’re located in the heart of popular West End, along Montague Road and nearby coffee shops, parks & public transport. Our modern designer-fitted office is bright and opens onto a lovely leafy courtyard. We have monthly team lunches in the neighbourhood & a brand new coffee machine.
This position is not suitable for a remote-based candidate. You must have full working rights in Australia to apply.