A little bit about us
Spriggy helps Aussie families teach their kids about money. We also provide parents with a safe and simple way to pay their kids pocket money, set chores, manage savings, monitor spending, pay for school lunches and invest for their kids' futures. And we make it possible for them to do it all on our app(s).
Spriggy was born in 2016 and now has over 650,000 members. We’re backed by high-calibre Australian investors, including Mike Cannon-Brookes' Grok Ventures. Our team is diverse with backgrounds that include engineering, design, physics, genetics, medicine, sports, ex-founders and mathematics. What unites us is our passion for solving problems and that we really, truly care about helping kids and teens learn to be confident about money.
We’re growing; quickly. And we’re looking for people to join our high-performing creative team, responsible for creating exceptional experiences that elevate the brand across every touchpoint.
Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to ensure our marketing and brand objectives are translated into powerful visual solutions that communicate Spriggy's purpose, drive awareness, win people over, and above all, make Spriggy famous. You will champion the Spriggy brand and lead the way in telling our incredible brand story visually across integrated advertising campaigns, brand campaigns and marketing content across our varied marketing channels. Essentially you wield your creativity to solve business problems.
You will own the creative output across all internally produced non-performance campaigns – from interpreting and adding value to briefs, to transforming those briefs into strategically thought-out campaign ideas and creative concepts that you will present to key stakeholders.
You’ll work closely with experienced channel Marketers to ensure we meet our objectives, and better still, exceed expectations. Your work will be project-based and you will own the show from scheduling to delivery of all the creative output.
Reporting directly to the Creative Director you’ll play a key role in elevating our design capability internally, while we drive brand awareness and distinctiveness externally, compelling people to want to join the Spriggy family.
We build incredible products for families and kids, so let’s tell incredible stories as we scale from 650,000 members in Australia to millions of members across the globe. Join the adventure as we take things to market, put your name on it and make it awesome.
Examples of problems you’ll be solving with the team:
- How do we deliver a consistent brand identity across all touchpoints such as website, packaging, digital advertising and organic channels?
- How do we develop a reusable design toolkit that enables us to scale our delivery output?
- How might we design Spriggy cards that kids love, leveraging our partnerships with Disney, Warner Brothers and any future collabs?
- How might we design packaging that makes the card delivery experience unforgettable?
- How do we tell the Spriggy story in new, visually spectacular ways?
- How do we all always deliver on our brand promise of the best, most fun way for kids to learn about money?
- How do we bring our brand to life in unique ways?
- How do we deliver all of the above in a controllable and scalable way?
We’ll be honest, it won’t be easy. But it will be incredibly rewarding. There’s a lot to do and we need someone who is skilled enough to take the lead on these challenges as we scale our loved products to the millions and become Australia’s next unicorn.
What you’ll be doing in your first few months:
- Develop and oversee the design of assets as required across all platforms e.g. advertising, digital assets, packaging, social media content, website, comms and much much more
- Deliver strong, powerful creative ideas, fit for purpose, to budget and time constraints
- Present and sell creative concepts to the team and guide them through decision making
- Help guarantee the implementation of realistic and thorough creative work aligned to the Spriggy brand and business strategy
- Refine, improve and evolve the Spriggy brand guidelines in line with best practice and new innovations
- Continuously elevate and evolve how we evoke response through colour, texture, imagery, and brand symbols and iconography
- Work in partnership with the creative team to own, develop creative solutions for and deliver on project briefs.
- Proactively identify creative opportunities and work with the Creative Director to explore the thinking
- Conceptualise, lead and execute on projects outside of set briefs, where you see an opportunity to add value to Spriggy’s creative.
- Collaborate with and oversee the work of our junior design team
Let's talk about you:
You are a design weapon: You’ve got years of experience as a multi-disciplinary designer, digital, print, brand, product…Whatever the format, whatever the channel, you know exactly how to engage and communicate. Your kick-ass portfolio will blow us away.
You sweat the small stuff: Your design fundamentals are super sharp. As one of Spriggy’s ‘brand custodians’ you will ensure everything that goes to market is pixel/mm-perfect.
You see process as an opportunity, not a barrier: You advocate the belief that solid design processes result in more effective work. You want to deliver the right solution, in the right way, to deliver the right result. By creating the right processes (and sticking to them) you ensure that our delivery is scalable as we grow.
You are driven by insights and analytics as well as the ideas: Your approach balances bottom-line thinking, based on analytics and insights with creative exploration to ensure the work breaks new ground while achieving business objectives.
You love a feedback loop. The difference between this and an agency is you’re going to have a very clear feedback loop. We test, measure and learn along the way.
Why join Spriggy?
- You’ll be part of an exceptional team working to build one of Australia’s next tech unicorns.
- You’ll help shape the future of money for young Australians.
- We’re proud of our excellent culture that encourages collaboration, growth and learning.
- You’ll earn a very competitive salary and be considered for equity
- You’ll get a dedicated work from home set-up and annual training budget
- You’ll help influence the direction of the Spriggy marketing and creative strategy
- The role is autonomous and flexible, and we’ll trust you to own your tasks and responsibilities.
Our team's diverse backgrounds ensure that our products speak to the needs of all Australian families. To continue to be able to do this well, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply.