At THE ICONIC, we issue the call to live your way, to liberate yourself from meaningless constraints. It’s time to reach for a better tomorrow, to spend less time searching and more time finding. We are inclusive and inspiring and – as your go-to destination for fashion, sport, beauty, Home and more – we exist to liberate our customers through choice.
Our Buying team works collaboratively to liberate and inspire our customers, selecting the best and latest products from the most desirable brands. THE ICONIC Buyers source the best brands and research and predict the up-and-coming trends for our customers. This team is creative, analytical and absolutely customer-focused. With a growth-mindset, they are offered regular training workshops, mentoring and up-skilling opportunities to enable all team members to be their best. Our Buying team lives and breathes fashion.
We are currently on the look out for a Assistant Buyer to join our Men's Sports Team
- Assisting our Sports Buyers with Monday morning trade analysis/commentary where requested
- Supporting our Buyers to chase in trade opportunities - recuts, color ups, SMUs
- Assists with the management of SKU lifecycle/ re-coding
- Assists team to hold suppliers accountable for delivery failure (e.g. late deliveries, under deliveries)
- Reviews best and worst product reports and provides key findings to our Buyers
- Run vendor performance reports for showings and internal meetings
- Assists our Buyers with SWOT analysis
- Attend showings, on request of our Buyers, and action follow up notes/create order profiles
- Build strong and professionally reciprocal relationships with suppliers
- Assist the Buyers in keeping the trading terms matrix up to date
- Brand Plan accuracy and submit weekly intake update
- Ensure all advertised stock is delivered two weeks prior to launch date
- Manage & populate weekly marketing sku lists
- Assists in completing the marketing monthly priorities alongside our Buyers
- As part of a competitor analysis, assists our Buyers to identify product & trends relevant to customer segment
- Assistant Buyer experience in a multi-brand fashion/retail environment
- Advanced Excel skills
- Thrive on building successful and long term business relationships
- You're naturally inquisitive with a love for numbers and a strong understanding of how to review and report using Excel
- A passion for retail! You’re a trend enthusiast and love all things sports!
Life at THE ICONIC...
Our culture of learning is an environment that supports and encourages the collective discovery, sharing and application of knowledge. This helps us to continually improve, achieve goals and attain new possibilities every day. From our ways of working and collaboration to our growth mindset and sustainable approach, we each add unique value and have an incredible amount of fun doing it! To read more about our purpose, mission and principles, please visit our Careers page: https://www.theiconic.com.au/playbook/careers
We are committed to providing reasonable arrangements to all individuals participating in our application and interview process, and while performing job functions. If you require any accommodations or adjustments prior to the submission of your application or throughout your interview process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team directly: [email protected]
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19. Where possible and in line with government Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding where possible. Similarly, our team members are operating in a hybrid working model with days spent between their home and our hubs each week.