Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As our Sales Manager, Outbound Acquisition, you will create and lead our Outbound Account Executive team and drive Afterpay’s continual growth by building relationships with prospective SMBs, through lead qualification and conversion and campaign execution. While there is a lot of room to learn and develop, we’re looking for a leader that thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment, has a proven track record in partnering with cross-functional teams to build their own channel and possesses the ability to strategically increase efficiency and exceed sales targets.
Lastly, and most importantly, we want you to be passionate about Afterpay and what we stand for, for both our merchants and customers.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Hire, onboard, develop and retain world-class talent that aligns with our career pathway levels
- Lead by example, providing regular coaching on acquisition phone-based sales skills, feedback on performance and productivity, and professional development
- Educate and collaborate with our wider business and cross-functional teams on processes and support tools to maximise Outbound Acquisition team success
- Have a hands-on approach to creating and owning our Outbound channel
- Create and maintain a culture of best practise on your team: adherence with process and system guidelines, quality of merchant experience, and compliant sales methods
- Manage team time and priorities by maintaining an operating rhythm focused on merchant experience and pipeline progression
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly performance of your team to ensure monthly KPIs & targets are exceeded
- Provide reporting team performance to metrics that matter, closely monitoring these metrics with a focus on increasing productivity, opportunity closure and GMV growth
- Strategically optimise sales process including: lead qualification, sequence execution (calls and emails), email and call coaching, pipeline management and performance management
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You energise and inspire others, you are known for your integrity and you thrive on feedback and new challenges
- You are a leader to which other leaders turn to for your opinion, experience and support
- You demonstrate self-awareness, reflecting on your performance, seeking and implementing feedback on leadership skills development
- You deliver exceptional results, embrace goals and targets and lead your people to exceed expectation
- You see opportunities for new business and sales process optimisation at every turn
- Your vision inspires both your team and stakeholders, you influence and negotiate to achieve beneficial outcomes for our SMB Team, you take people around you on a journey to success
- You maintain a forward-focused big picture vision - and understand our volume requires documented and repeatable actions to coach to
- You promote diversity and inclusion, you are committed to team development
- You are flexible and adaptable in your communication with a variety of stakeholders, conveying complex information with ease and confidently managing different opinions
- You have sound critical thinking skills, investigating and presenting clear, quantifiable evidence and proposed solutions based on data and insights
- You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!