Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfilment platform, and incredible customer service, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
Why we have this role @ Koala
To provide exceptional service to Koala’s customers ensuring we continually surprise and delight them with every interaction with us across every platform. Our number one priority (after making amazing products) is the customer experience. We are a brand that deeply cares about our customers and we strive to do anything to deliver happiness and satisfaction.
Within our team we provide both exceptional inbound Customer Service and also outbound Customer Engagement roles, with our focus on building Customer Loyalty. We are looking for part-time customer service specialists to join Koala to support the team as the business is growing.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Deliver high-class frontline customer service interactions and operations that meet or exceed our NPS/CSAT & CES targets
- Engage with our customers across a number of platforms: livechat, phone, email, social media enquiries & onsite showroom
- Responding to high volume customer enquiries, requests and communications
- Proactively reach out to customers who have recently received their order, and engage to obtain feedback around their end-to-end experience
- Process customer returns and warranties focusing on the customer service recovery paradox
- Deliver Contact Centre services that achieve or exceed OKRs
- Support the implementation of operational initiatives to continually improve the Customer Experience
- Process tickets according to Koala’s protocols and processes
- Identify opportunities to add value to every customer’s experience
- Be proactive in your approach to solving customer problems and complaints
- Support customers through any return or warranty needs
- Continually promotes our brand and products by being helpful and informative
- Exceptional customer service, active listening, and well developed verbal and written communication skills, together with a professional phone voice
- Experience in a high-volume fast paced outbound phone environment
- Great attitude and willingness to learn and progress in your career
- Near perfect grammar, english written and verbal skills
- Experience handling returns and warranties
- Proven ability to provide a smooth delivery process consistently
- Problem-solving and liaising with management on critical issues
- Experience with Zendesk & Shopify a plus!
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy mob!
- Flexible working Have the freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works best for you.
- Take a break Generous time off and parental leave policies to help keep your work life balance, balanced.
- Fully stocked kitchen Filled weekly with an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce. As well as fresh coffee beans in the machines, a VB fridge and our famous Koala Kombucha on tap.
- Pet-friendly The Koala Treehouses are as pet-friendly as they get — all furry friends welcome!
- Surprise & delight The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing We support the whole you! Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Diversity, equity & inclusion We're an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
- Accelerate your career We can’t grow as a brand unless we support the growth of our teams. We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough and business can only thrive if society and nature thrive too. How are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Bushfire Relief Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
Koalities we look for...
At Koala, we do things a little differently - which means we expect a lot from our employees! We want you to challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different than the norm. We want people that bring great energy, that have a long-game focus and are always curious to find new angles and approaches to the way we work. We're a team of entrepreneurs that have a relentless focus on 'what's next' but while always reviewing 'what's been done' and learning, growing and adjusting. We're bloody confident, but NEVER arrogant and we adapt to change like Steve Smith under a short ball. Honesty drives everything we do, as well as a total focus on the customer - so if you feel like this could be you... well what the bloody hell are you waiting for? Drop us a line, and let's see what you've got! ;)
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
*Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.