Who we are
Rokt is expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 16 markets worldwide, with its headquarters in NYC, and a major R&D hub in Sydney. As the global leader in ecommerce technology, Rokt powers the Transaction Moment™ of best-in-class companies including Live Nation, Groupon, Staples, Lands' End, Fanatics, GoDaddy, Vistaprint, and HelloFresh. Our mission: To make ecommerce smarter, faster, and better.
With annual revenues of more than US$100M and a vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our four core values: Smart with Humility, Customer Obsessed, Conquer New Frontiers, and Enjoy the Ride. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we have the right conditions to do our best work.
Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Director to join our FP&A team. Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will be joining the company at an exciting time and have a unique opportunity to develop and lead high-impact workstreams that directly influence the long-term value created at Rokt.
You will have a broad range of responsibilities including overseeing our annual planning and budget process, partnering with the People team to drive resource planning and leading strategic initiatives in partnership with our R&D and GTM organizations.
The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude, take pride and ownership in their work, and drive processes and projects to outcomes. They thrive in a high-performing, fast-paced environment and have experience working cross-functionally in a dynamic organization. Working closely with our Financial Reporting team, an in-depth understanding of financial statements and working capital is a must.
Essential to succeeding in this role is the ability to communicate complex analysis and recommendations with conviction and clarity. Being able to straddle the detail whilst keeping focus on the big picture is a core skill.
Relevant industry experience in ecommerce enablement or marketing technology in an operating capacity is a plus.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Deliver our annual budget process and drive cross-functional resource planning initiatives
- Contribute to our revenue forecasting, working capital analysis and Board reporting suite
- Identify and articulate financial and operational trends through variance analysis against budgets, forecasts and historicals
- Collaborate across functions to ensure that long-term strategies are woven into actionable quarterly, annual and long term plans
- Partner with our GTM and R&D organizations to identify potential acquisitions, strategic partnerships, and investment opportunities and evaluate from a qualitative and quantitative perspective
- Minimum 6 years experience, including at least two years in an operating role. Experience in the ecommerce enablement or marketing technology industry is a plus
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to present concepts, recommendations, and analyses to senior management in a clear, concise, and actionable manner
- Strong financial modeling skills with outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous high-priority projects in a complex organizational environment
- Results-driven, can-do attitude and able to strike the right balance between detail-focused and grasping the big picture
- Aligned with Rokt’s core values: smart with humility, customer-obsessed, conquer new frontiers and enjoy the ride
- Must be willing to relocate to New York, NY within first six months of employment
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing, high-velocity culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses, and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - Grow your career in our rapidly growing company.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us!
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone enjoys the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love you to apply for one of our open roles - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.