Welcome to the rocketship! We’re a rapidly growing team with one vision: to become the world’s most loved way to pay. Our Australian-made buy now pay later service has revolutionised the retail sector by allowing our customers to receive their purchases and then pay them off in instalments, all without having to pay upfront fees and interest.
In the Afterpay universe, work is extremely fast-paced, and roles are always evolving. There's plenty of opportunity in the roadmap ahead as our millennial brand expands into the US and beyond. You’ve got to have drive, tenacity, commitment to culture and good ideas, and you’ll find your hard work pays off with the tangible impact of your contribution as you directly shape the business.
Afterpay’s technology was home-grown in Australia, and we’re now building our tech teams in both Melbourne and San Francisco. We’re team players, committed to fast-paced quality work, and we’re looking for people who are keen to be part of something new as it rapidly grows to sky-high limits.
We have an opportunity for a Software Engineering Manager to join our technology team in Melbourne. This role will be responsible for leading a team of experienced Software Engineers in the delivery of working software that meets our standards. We value the development of simple and pragmatic technical solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders and customers and are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team and ensure that their team is aligned to this direction. It’s a great opportunity for an Engineering Manager to work as part of a high performing team within a fast growing business that now has global operations.
· Ensure the team is consistently delivering working software to our expected standards
· Actively participate in the development and maintenance of Afterpay Touch standards for software development, testing, release management and reviews
· Technical ownership of the work that your team is delivering within each iteration or standalone deliverable
· Shared responsibility for Architecture of the system working closely with the Senior Architect
· Proactively managing issues early to avoid bigger problems later
· Proactively supporting your team members to achieve their performance and development goals
· Ensure the team is collaborating closely with key stakeholders, such as Product Managers.
· Experience leading technical teams in fast paced and complex environments
· Passionate about coaching and people development
· An outcome focused and collaborative approach
· Strong stakeholder management skills
· Passionate about adding to and growing an organisation’s engineering culture
· Enjoy driving the technical and product vision within the domain you operate in