- DevOps, Agile, IaC, Config as Code
- Melbourne or Sydney CBD offices, also with remote work
Ailo (https://ailo.io/) is a data-powered platform which makes everyone’s experience in property management extraordinary. Ailo exists to improve the lives of every single renter or property investor, and make the property manager’s role more rewarding and straightforward. We create rich interactions that help create transparency and trust within the industry. Our role is to bring innovation into property management practices and challenge the old ways by looking at the root of the problem.
As a platform engineer, you will be working in the technology platform team, building out the next generation technology platform and related tooling that allows engineering to work in a reliable, simple and scalable way.
We value a culture of innovation, where our people can not only share their ideas but see them work and deliver value. Along the way you’ll be supported by experienced and likeminded sisters and brothers in the engineering space.
All this supports the product delivery teams (PDT) who themselves are building next generation solutions to improve every human interaction in the rental experience.
What you’ll be working on day-to-day:
- AWS cloud resources
- Docker and K8s, some Rancher experience advantageous
- Infrastructure and Configuration as Code
- Automation and Continuous Integration and Delivery
- AWS CDK and AWS SDK (Typescript)
- and be part of the planning, design and implementation of new platform solutions and improvements
How you’ll be able help us:
- Have a demonstrable passion for working cross-functionally throughout the product delivery teams and beyond
- Be familiar with, and driven by, an agile and lean working environment
- Have experience in building and supporting IT infrastructure in a HA and zero-downtime way
- Know about distributed architectures and microservices
- Experience in some coding, preferably TypeScript. We’re happy for this to come from commercial, uni or open source projects
- Appreciate good practices such as CI/CD, monitoring and alerting, etc
- Enjoy keeping up to date with the latest technologies and bringing new ideas not only to the platform team but the broader delivery space
- Sharing an excitement for solving real world problems that allow us to impact millions of users and continually improve their overall experience
What’s in it for you?
- It’s a great place to learn. You'll work with people who are knowledgeable and experienced in software design patterns and passionate about modern practices in system development (and we hope you are too).
- We are nonhierarchical, have a flexible working environment and strive to empower and support everyone to be their best.
- We have a culture of no blame and continuous feedback, as well as broad knowledge sharing.
Please Note: We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / 3rd parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.