We are a fast growing society of dreamers who are hardworking, passionate and slightly coffee obsessed. The Studio Assistant is an integral role in our creative team, assisting with all shoot productions that take place for our campaigns. You will work alongside the creative team on all brand and product shoots both on location, and in our studio space in Abbotsford, situated at the back of our retail store.
Working closely with the Stylist and Production Coordinator, you will assist in the production and execution of all shoots, which includes the execution of set designs that adhere to the brief provided, as well as the sourcing of all wardrobe and props, and assisting with the booking of location and talent as required. You will liaise with photographers, videographers, and retouchers when needed, making sure they are accountable to call times, run sheet expectations, as well as adjustments required to their delivered work.
WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE
- You have relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent in either graphic design or styling.
- Ideally you would have had previous experience in a similar role but not mandatory
- You are a beginner to intermediate experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- You are a highly organised individual with exceptional time management skills. You understand the importance of timelines and approach all projects with acumen to adhere to deadlines
- You have an enthusiastic can do attitude and ready to conquer any task, you jump in and roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You aren’t the type to stand around.
- You work autonomously and with initiative; highly collaborative with the wider team when required
- You are execution oriented - focused on the set up, organisation, adhering to project agendas with the ability to anticipate change and problem solve.
- Ability to easily multitask, you can assist on multiple shoots at once, and understand key priorities and how to effectively meet deliverable deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a strong visual aesthetic, as well as an awareness and understanding of current design styles and trends and how these can be implemented at the Sheet Society.
- You take inspiration from fashion and consumer brands and can apply this to your creative process
- You live and breathe design, and are constantly reading and looking for the latest trends coming through from both inside and outside the industry
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Manage and execute the creation of the approved set design to deadlines.
- Coordinate and have ready the samples and products for each shoot. You own all samples and are responsible for making sure all samples remain intact and accounted for.
- Ensuring our studio environment is clean and tidy at all times, all equipment, props and samples are in good working order.
- Manage and coordinate prop and product transportation, and/or couriers when required.
- Assist in the coordination of wardrobe, location and talent sourcing.
- Assist in the coordination of all propping for shoots either on location or in-studio. Assist in managing the relationships we have with suppliers or brands when lending products.
- Coordinate staff or casuals required to steam on set, paint, build sets, move beds or any other task related to setting up and running our shoots.
- Assist in styling our products on all shoots in-line with the visual guidelines set out.
- Assist the Stylist and Production Coordinator and Junior Art Director on the creation of shot lists and run sheets.
- Assist in making sure the photo shoot budgets are up to date with relevant quotes and costs.
- Ensure synergy in shoot art direction, everything is remaining on-brand and delivered in-line with the objectives set out.
- Assist in the execution of running of shoots on the day, you are the one with clipboard in hand making sure all areas of the set are running efficiently and to the tight timelines.
- Assist in keeping photographers and videographers to their individual timelines and deliverables, you are able to see any issues that might arise, and effectively iron out any challenges.
- Coordinate the steamers or casual staff and talent to ensure a smooth shoot.
- Manage and execute the cleanup of the studio and location shoots.
- Assist and coordinate the return of all props or wardrobe, ensuring that they are returned in their original condition.
- Update the photo shoot budget, making sure all costs are accounted for.
- Manage the invoices or payments for casual staff / steamers.
- Assist in filing deliverables from creative external suppliers. Ensure that assets received are correct in terms of file naming and colour of imagery before filing away.
- Continually look for ways to improve the studio - be on the lookout for anything that might need attending to or better, more efficient ways we can work.
- Coordinating Studio (Abbotsford) repairs and maintenance
- Coordinating Studio props and relevant tools for repairs and maintenance
- Providing ad-hoc creative support to the Creative or Digital Design Teams
At The Sheet Society, it’s more than a workplace, it’s a community. With that in mind, we’re committed to making sure our employees are as happy in the workplace as our customers are in bed. Which is why our perks include:
- Staff Parking and great public transport links to our newly renovated office in Brunswick
- Sweet Dreams Day - a day off on your birthday
- Weekly snacks and drinks on a Friday
- Communal kitchen providing, fruit, bickies, and lots of coffee
- Access to Wellbeing initiatives
- A social calendar with fun events held throughout the year
- Generous staff discounts
- Dog friendly Fridays
Be a part of an energetic and fast-growing business where every day is different, every achievement is celebrated, and we’re only just getting started.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a variety of backgrounds. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.