Culture Amp is the world’s most trusted Employee Experience platform. Our mission is to create a better world of work for 100 million people by helping companies put their people and culture first.
We do this by bringing together pioneering people science and powerful technology. Over 3000 companies like Airbnb, Slack, and Deliveroo trust Culture Amp to collect, understand and connect data throughout the employee experience. The insights help them truly understand their people and guide them on the best actions to drive positive behavior change and lasting impact. We live in a world where the ability to understand and influence culture at scale is no longer a ‘nice-to-have’ but a ‘necessary-to-survive’.
We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you
Join us in making the world better, by making a better world of work.
We are on a journey of building a quality practice focused on assisting feature teams in all aspects of quality. When we think of quality we ask ourselves, how do we know we are building the right products, how do we know we are building the product right and how can we be sure we are supporting our product well?
We are looking for passionate toolsmiths who are focused on developing and maintaining tools to help improve quality across all of engineering. We wouldn’t be surprised if you had a background the covers both test automation, devops or even SRE. We’re looking for systems thinkers, people who are keen to solve the root cause of the problem, in a deliberate manner. This person will know that big problems can’t be solved all at once, instead approaching solutions through incremental experimentation.
This unique individual will also recognise the importance of collaborating with different roles such as engineering, SRE and product in order to better understand their needs, plus also be able to communicate progress.
Our tech stack includes React, Ruby, Kotlin, and Go. Our infrastructure runs on AWS. Our automated testing is currently powered by technologies including PACT, Jest, RSpec, Playwright, K6, and Flood.io. We have full CI/CD, deploy many times per day, and embrace the SRE model for reliability including SLIs and SLOs.
You will be joining the quality practice foundation. This is a diverse team reflecting the diverse nature of quality. It consists of product quality coaches, technical quality coaches and specialties such as test data engineering, performance, reliability, accessibility and many other quality attributes. The one core element that binds us all is our passion for quality and our commitment to improving quality within Culture Amp.
If you are passionate about advocating for customer quality, great at building relationships and collaborating with a diverse range of skill sets, and enjoy nothing more than speaking to teams on how to improve quality both before, during and after features are deployed, we’d love to chat with you.
As part of our engineering team:
- Build software solution as part of the quality foundations team that helps solve different quality related problems
- Work across the spectrum (not just a product team) to solve real challenges that engineers face on a daily basis.
- Create a wide range of tools that touch different aspects of AWS services that our teams use.
- Work alongside engineers to understand their workflow and identify challenges that stops them from building quality within their workflow
- Work on solving challenges in using CI/CD and test environments as part of the development workflow
- Coach and train engineers on the tools that you build and can collaborate with them to include it as part of their development toolkit.
- A strong experience with building building quality software.
- Come from a test automation background or a software development background but understand that quality can be solved in different ways and not just by using high level test frameworks
- A keen passion towards testability and want to contribute to improving it across the spectrum.
- Strong interests in observability and want to move towards testing in production.
- Passionate about testability in software.
- Interested in helping solve organisation wide problems that specifically affect quality.
- Collaborative and communicative with others about your work. We work out loud in our mission based teams so everyone is on the same page, even those who work remotely or in different time zones.
- Proactive when identifying threats to quality, in that you are able to see the gap, campaign for resources and people to fill the gap, and ensure that threats to quality are reduced.
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Non average workplaces attract above average people.
We are committed to not only making a better world of work, but also a better world. So we are proud to be recognised as a certified B-Corp.
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism on our website.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options - it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, - for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule - where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives.