AmazingCo exists to help people better connect through unique experiences. In 50 cities across Australia, USA and UK we create and deliver amazing experiences working with teams of world class entertainers, hosts and experience partners.
By joining, you will be jumping into a fast paced start-up culture, with the opportunity to own things from day one, and almost endless space to grow and develop as we find greater scale across the globe. AmazingCo is a honeypot for passionate, smart, hard working, team players, all driven by the desire to help the world reconnect.
Here is your opportunity to join the most exciting company and team in the experiences industry right now, and we are looking for A-players like you!
For more information visit https://www.amazingco.me/aus
About the Role
We are searching for a motivated and passionate candidate to take ownership over the success of our suite of human-hosted experiences at AmazingCo. In this role you will be responsible, Australia wide, for overseeing the delivery of all of our kids entertainment, wine tours, corporate team building and hens party experiences.
You will manage a team of 5 event coordinators/managers who directly manage teams of party entertainers, event hosts, and tour drivers across Australia.
This role requires people leadership skills, great attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, and a bit of creative flair! You will be responsible for ensuring we hit our target delivery feedback and profitability metrics.
On top of this, you get to take a lead role in testing, refining and rolling out new experience types with your team and their teams of awesome hosts. As we grow, there is potential to be involved in expanding these experience types beyond Australia.
- Team happiness & retention metrics
- Customer NPS targets
- Cost of delivery ratio targets
- Products refresh targets
- Team management
- 1:1s to provide feedback, performance management, and check-ins
- Oversight of the work across the team to ensure performance targets are being met
- Oversee effective feedback management, and manage any escalations
- Problem solving
- Recruitment and onboarding of new team members as required
- Cover leave as required - this will usually involve managing the hosted team directly.
- Operational Management
- Feedback is regularly reviewed and improvements are made accordingly to experience design ○ Negative feedback is managed in a timely and considered way
- Tweak and improve experiences, demonstrating creative flair
- Establish and maintain new partnerships
- Correspondence with the wider team (eg sales) is maintained
- Internal processes are consistently followed and internal databases are maintained
- Reporting and data analysis
- Interpret and analyse data in order to -
- Report on feedback and profitability metrics
- Understand the root cause of issues
- Make informed recommendations about how to address problems, or improve metrics
- Aid in prioritisation decisions
- Strategic planning
- Understands resourcing requirements and headcount models relative to work volumes ○ Forecast and adjust resourcing in line with booking data
- Identify any potential issues with bookings and take proactive steps to ensure they go well ○ Plan and manage resourcing around peak periods
- Reviews and provides recommendations on themes that are occurring across events to build the insights into ongoing practice
Skills and Experience
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Team management experience
- Business relationship management skills
- Strategic thinking
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, with specific deadlines and timeframes
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on (willing to get involved in new experiences, actively train hosts, and be on site from time to time)
AmazingCo is an amazing place to work! Everyone in the team plays a critical role in the company and we invest heavily in growing our team member's responsibilities. The company is fast paced and ever evolving. Due to the high growth, including international expansion, we're able to offer great career opportunities.
- A vibrant tech startup office environment. Recently refurbished open plan office, daily fruit, red bull fridge
- A wonderful culture characterised by a team of over 85 people working hard to achieve a mission that matters. Big mission, real meaning, real people doing their life’s work.
- An opportunity to enjoy our experiences… we create some of the world’s best experiences and we test everything on ourselves! Enjoy frequent team wide functions and staff discounts across our portfolio.
- Wind the week down with a beer, wine or non-alcoholic refreshment on Fridays. We bring a family attitude to work and all contribute to building our culture
- Work in a business that seriously cares about culture and improving the experiences of our customers
- Opportunity for serious growth. We’re not kidding, we have seriously ambitious plans and are so excited to find the next brilliant mind to join us. You bring your energy and we’ll pay it back in spades. Our people are everything.
Our people are AWESOME - they work hard, play hard, and look out for each other. We genuinely believe that we hire the best - do you have what it takes to join at A+ team?
If you think you have what it takes to impress us then please send through your resume along with a cover letter outlining why you would be a great fit for this position. Please note, you will be required to upload a 60 second video as part of the application process.
Job Types: Full time, permanent
Salary: $80,000 plus super