Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
Working as part of the leadership team, the Executive GM Product will lead the technical and strategic oversight across the relevant Product groups to ensure alignment with the overall Xero strategy and customer requirements to drive the execution of key projects.
You will be responsible for bringing Xero products and services to market by overseeing the global product and services management and engineering activities for your portfolio. This will include owning the Xero Product portfolio and roadmap, the product business management process from conception to release and leadership of multi-functional global teams.
This role is open to all Xero's in New Zealand, Australia, United States or Canada.
What you’ll do
• Strategic Leadership - define and lead strategies for the functions in your business unit to ensure these meet regional and global needs and maintain a market leading service offering.
• Product Development - executive level leadership across the product development teams in your business unit, with work plans prioritised and programs to ensure the business unit realises its vision and objectives.
• Product Portfolio - leadership of creating compelling products to the Xero product offering, enabling more customers to manage more of their business with Xero.
• People Leadership - coach and/or manage a number of global GMs/VPs/ Heads to be a high performing and highly engaged cohesive leadership team.
• Commercial - work with the Xero Procurement Team to ensure the best commercial agreements are made with our technology suppliers and consultants.
• Xero Evangelism - senior ambassador and champion for Xero.
• Operational Excellence - ensure your leadership team delivers against financial objectives
Success looks like
• Product vision, strategy and roadmap aligned with Xero’s strategic plan and regional priorities
• Delivery of quality products, and software released on time and to budget against agreed strategy
• Product usage/engagement
• Attract and retain best talent to develop a world-class team
• Cultivate a fun, rewarding, agile and results-driven culture globally
What you’ll bring with you
• Previous experience at an Executive or senior GM level within a SaaS or software development environment
• Experience with coaching and managing a number of GM level people across different disciplines
• Experience in setting and executing on global strategy
• Budget and financial management
• Strong skills managing strategy, business delivery, financial planning and building high performing diverse teams
• Strong influencing/negotiating/ people skills
• Strong people leadership and management skills
• Systems thinking and can put solutions in place at scale
• People management on a global level
• Ability to influence outside immediate remit
• Senior ambassador and champion for Xero
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.