Koala’s mission is to become the smartest way to buy high-quality furniture online. Combining customer-centric products, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, incredible customer service and social good, we are changing the way people buy and enjoy furniture.
Why we have this role @ Koala
The Koala Treehouse’s include a shared, multi-use samples warehouse, workshop and office space for our product and design teams. At Koala, we really care about our people and providing an outstanding experience for all staff, contractors and members of the public. The warehouse and facilities needs at Koala will need to be applied with creativity and flexibility wherever possible. As Koala expands and grows, we are looking for an all round, independent, hands on superstar who is comfortable with warehouse operations and general facilities management. This role will require you to be flexible with your hours and support the team during 7am and 3pm.
What key responsibilities does this role have @ Koala?
- Overseeing overall operations within our samples warehouse, including operation of the forklift, manual handling, use of power tools and rubbish/recycling programs.
- Be comfortable with frequent forklift use, loading and unloading pallets using the correct safety guidelines.
- Monitor warehouse operations to ensure compliance with company’s policies and vision.
- Oversee warehouse operations, waste management, contractor management, distribution and maintenance operations.
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements and manage the deliveries and pick up processes - allocating deliveries upon receiving.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, housekeeping and security within the Warehouse and Office spaces, including conducting inspections of the warehouse and workshop areas and ensuring warehouse rules are adhered to.
- Take pride in building relationships with stakeholders such as employees, clients, contractors, suppliers and transport companies.
- Provide support where required to teams within the business, including moving and assembling furniture and mattresses for creative photoshoots, including packing and unpacking furniture from trucks.
- Assisting with use of adjacent spaces, including testing in the Quality Control room and manual labour in the workshop.
- Making sample furniture deliveries in the Koala van
- 2+ years of experience within a fast paced and hands on, facilities and/or warehouse environment
- Must have forklift license, and be confident to maneuver forklift regularly
- Must have driver’s license
- Must be flexible to work hours Monday-Friday, 7am-3pm
- Passionate about supporting and servicing others to create a safe and organised workplace
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives through innovative suggestions
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within and across teams
- Experience with systems such as G-Drive, iAuditor, Slack or similar
Treehouse Perks and Privileges…
Koala is only great when its employees are happy — and we’re one happy mob!
- Flexible working - The freedom and autonomy to do your best work the way that works for you.
- Take a break - Generous time off and parental leave to help keep your work life balance, balanced.
- Fully stocked kitchen - With an emphasis on healthy, local and organic produce.
- Pet-friendly - The Koala Treehouses are as pet-friendly as they get!
- Surprise & delight - The two-word combo at the core of everything we do. All Koalas can expect to enjoy free Koala products with ‘mates rates’ for your friends and fam.
- Support & wellbeing - Our employee experience respects and embraces all families, formed, found and evolving. You’ll have access to our Employee Assistance Program, which includes unlimited sessions for financial, work, relationship, family or wellbeing support.
- Accelerate your career - We’ve partnered with RMIT where all of our Koala’s receive a discount, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Koala facilitated resources.
- Community & connection - We believe that simply doing ‘no harm’ isn’t good enough So, how are we doing our part? BCorp Certified, WWF Partnership, Bushfire Relief Days, a member of SoftLanding and so much more.
Koalities we look for…
- The customer is at the heart of decisions
- Act with honesty, integrity and ethics in everything you do
- Bring good vibes to the people around you
- Relentless focus on the end game
- Think forward, reflect back
- Confident and ambitious, but never arrogant
- Live the values of Koala
- Ride through change like a boss
- Challenge expectations, always look to make a difference and give us something different from the norm
All in all, the Koala Kommunity is a great place to hang out and belong to!
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate, Koala is a place where everyone has opportunity. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, and recognize that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business.
* Recruiters, sending you love and light, but we got this and won’t be accepting unsolicited CVs.