From an Australian-born company to a rapidly growing global business, we’re on the ride of a lifetime! 🚀🚀
We’re on a mission to be the world’s most loved way to pay. We love connecting our customers with brands they love and empowering them to spend their money and buy what they want in a responsible way. We’re all about building a high-performing team, where our teams come to work to be the best they can be. We are grounded in reality and work together to achieve the extraordinary.
It’s a fast-paced business and that’s the way we love it. We know that world class talent is the only way to pave our future success, so come and work with some of the brightest minds and be part of the once in a lifetime ride.
Sitting within the global Strategy team, the purpose of this role is to lead a team of data scientists and Behavioural Scientists, to drive initiatives that help internal and external stakeholders become smarter, data-driven and customer focused. Our success will be measured by the accretive value delivered to Merchants and Afterpay.
This is a 2IC role within the Behavioural Science function for Afterpay, one of the fastest growing BNPL companies globally. Reporting to the Director of Behavioural Science, you will lead a team of data scientists and analysts who are focused on driving accretive value for merchants and customers, resulting in commercial outcomes for Merchants and Afterpay.
- Build and manage high performance, responsive teams of data scientists and analysts that are pioneers in this space
- Drive technical thought leadership across the business, making sure we leverage best in class machine learning techniques where required
- Lead projects where we analyse data trends to identify opportunities and drive business strategy, aligned to Afterpay’s Big Bets
- Synthesise analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines, both visually and verbally, and provide indicated actions for executive audiences internally and with merchants
- Collaborate with and influence internal stakeholders to ensure Behavioural Science is driving accretive value for customers, merchants and Afterpay
- Drive an organisational effort toward better understanding customer and merchant triggers and needs on an ongoing basis, and propose data driven solutions that drive and measure share of wallet (our measure of customer success) and share of checkout (our measure of merchant success)
- Ideate, design, and lead the execution of analytical projects that drive measurable value
- Build a prescriptive approach to lifecycle management including journeys, adjacencies and frequency for both merchants and customers
- Develop deep partnerships with engineering, product and other analytics teams to deliver on major cross-functional projects
- Determine how best to use data as a strategic asset to power the growth of the Afterpay business
- BS/BA in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or equivalent years of experience
- 10+ years of experience in advanced analytics, data science and machine learning
- 5+ years of experience in managing and mentoring data science, data engineering, and analytics teams in a retailer or B2C technology company
- Demonstrated ability in the application of Data Science to solve strategic business problems and deliver commercial and customer outcomes
- Experience designing and delivering against a data science roadmap
- Demonstrated ability building a high-performance team of analysts and data scientists
- Experience communicating the results of complex analysis to an executive audience
- Experience working in B2C organisations with large customer datasets
- Experience instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results
- Track record of delivering data-driven solutions and actionable insights, and influencing product and engineering decisions.
- Desirable - MS or PhD in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, etc
How to Apply:
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one.