Hometime is the largest and fastest-growing platform for short-term rental operators in the APAC region and are very excited to have recently entered international markets like the US and Europe.
At our core, we partner with local hosting businesses and empower them with industry-leading technology, supporting infrastructure and scale normally reserved for large companies. Our ability to successfully scale a network of local hosts has meant we have been an official partner with Airbnb since 2018 and are fully funded to execute on aggressive growth targets.
After successfully scaling our core business locally, we’ve released a SaaS product for the global market of short term rental operators. Our ambition is to be the software partner of choice for small operators and to help them grow successful businesses through our amazing product and industry expertise. Our target market accounts for approx 50% of all Hosts on Airbnb so the opportunity is huge.
We are empowering the little guys, the micro-entrepreneurs who deliver amazing experiences to their guests and property owners because they are hyper-local. We believe small and local coupled with the best technology & industry expertise is the recipe for success.
What is it like to work at Hometime:
- We empower people to do their best work
- We believe a great business starts with great people and we leverage talent across the organisation to drive our strategy, solve complex challenges and adapt to the market
- We are a fantastic group of people who are genuinely a pleasure to work with
- Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a high growth technology business
- Our success depends on your success
The key responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the Chief Executive Officer, Board of Directors, management team and investors on both financial and broad-based business issues related to the overall performance of the company (Financial, Legal, Regulatory)
- Serve as a key member of the senior executive team in providing input to management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic input in shaping the company’s business objectives
- Establish a solid financial foundation with appropriate systems that will allow the business to grow effectively (organically and through M&A) over the next several years
- Oversight of all Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, Administration, Legal and compliance functions
- Complete year-end financial statements and associated external audit
- Outgoing personality, drive, motivation, and ability to relate and communicate well with various clients
- Strong problem-solving abilities and lateral thinking
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to foster relationships through spoken and written communication
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- A can-do attitude and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get things done
Does this sound like you?
- Success serving as the key member of the senior executive team in providing input to the CEO, Board, and management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic objectives
- Recent experience as Financial Controller or #2 at a fast-growing SaaS or software company, with strong familiarity with software revenue recognition, metrics, and best practices
- Ideally a combination of experience that includes a large, global complex company and a rapidly growing company
- Diversity of experience and exposure to a wide range of complex business models
- Application SaaS and Software industry experience required. Consumer, ecommerce and Internet experience a plus
- Strong FP&A skillset with an analytical, intellectually curious mindset
- Business and operationally oriented
- Ability to develop and implement systems, tools and processes increasing business clarity
- Prior experience within a company that is backed by Private Equity / Venture Capital investors is preferred but not required
- M&A and post merger integration experience is a plus
- Strong communication and team building skill
- Industry experience is not required but is preferred
- Competitive package including ESOP