Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay has millions of active customers globally and is offered at the world’s best retailers around the world including eBay, The Iconic, Myer, Foot Locker, Adore Beauty, Mac Cosmetics, Kathmandu and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees, or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Afterpay’s Group FP&A Manager you will be responsible for timely, accurate and insightful group monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for both internal and external stakeholders. Reporting into our Head of FP&A, you will partner with the Financial Control and Financial Performance team to produce analysis and insights for senior management, including the board.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin…
- Manage and lead the month end reporting process. Ownership of the monthly reporting cycle - includes setting the timetable, instructions, templates, requirements for all Financial Control team members and Financial Performance business partners
- Produce analysis and insights for senior management including the CFO, CEOs, and the Board
- Manage and lead the distribution of daily performance reporting to the executive management team
- Assist and contribute to the half year and full financial year end reporting, including ownership of sections of the investor presentation and annual statements
- Provide leadership and guidance to finance business partners on reporting, analysis and operational issues as required
- Define, adopt, and drive consistent group processes, policies and procedure improvements that support business growth
- Support and collaborate with Financial Control on their management of the Chart of Accounts (COA) and all transactional level reporting
- Supports and collaborates with other Finance teams appropriate, including Treasury, Tax and Systems
- Manage process improvement projects, working with key stakeholders
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis and insights to support the business strategies
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
- You’ll have a passion for and experience working in a Group FP&A Finance function as part of a multinational, faced paced and every evolving environment
- Exceptionally strong financial reporting and analytical skills
- CA/CPA qualified
- Experience working with tier 1 ERP system
- Very strong communication skills across all levels of a business, with remote and international teams
- Strive to continually improve, including making changes to internal reporting processes and controls
- Ability to time manage and problem solve effectively in a high-pressure environment, consistently meeting tight deadlines
- Focus on exceptional customer service ensuring all stakeholder needs are exceeded
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders and shape the future with excitement
How we reward you. We are a purpose-led, outperforming organisation and will reward you for your performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives and benefits including the opportunity to enrol in our share matching plan.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with a corporate membership to Headspace. We also offer a generous parental leave policy and are proud to support working parents with up to 24 weeks of paid leave.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply: We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Afterpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing conducted virtually. Where possible and in line with DH Covid-19 restrictions, we are transitioning to in-office onboarding for all new starters on day one. Similarly, employees have started transitioning to 2 days per week in the office.