We're looking for a mid level designer with an obsession for layouts, spacing, clean and well thought out interfaces. Someone with the ability to interpret key customer needs and push what can be done.
MyDeal, Australia's fastest growing online business has recently launched a new start-up. Our new product is about amazing things to do and we like to live and breathe our product.
You're a self-starter who’s comfortable working autonomously, and loves being part of a start-up team. You’ve been embedded in a product focussed team and are adept at partnering with product and engineering peers. You’re a champion of consistent, quality user experiences that scale. Basically, you love building things that just work for the customer!
What you’ll do:
- Dive headfirst into research to identify and communicate findings across all teams. You’ll collaborate closely with the Product Manager and lead the experience aspect of discovery, helping us better understand our partners, our customers and their motivations.
- Contribute to the definition and articulation of ‘the problem’ – challenging assumptions and 'pre-set' thinking around solutions, agreeing the purpose, principles and vision
- Create frameworks (read wireframes low/high-fi, visual frameworks, content/data models etc) which articulate the components, journeys and elements required to solve 'the problem'
- Explore ideal future concepts and identify new interaction solutions and patterns that meet customer needs in a better way
- Develop phased design solutions that bridge the gap between a future state and current patterns
- Create prototypes which tangibly demonstrate a proposed concept or solution
- Work with and evolve our style guide and design system
- 3+ experience as a UX/Product designer or similar, with skills in user research, wireframe design, UI creation that’s ready for developers, prototype development and user testing.
- Experience designing for websites, apps, and other touchpoints, with a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Skilled in translating business process and customer behaviours/insights into design concepts
- Working knowledge of the tools of the trade such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision, user testing tools, and rapid prototyping tools
- Highly collaborative style, able to engage with a diverse range of stakeholder to meet targets
- Work in a dynamic and inclusive start-up culture with passionate people;
- Play an important role in an ASX listed company that is experiencing unprecedented growth;
- A modern Melbourne CBD office on Collins Street, easily accessible by tram, bus and train
Up for the challenge? Apply with your CV, portfolio and cover letter.
We look forward to seeing your application!