🚀Are you ready to be a part of industry (r)evolution, lead employee experience, build solid processes and help scale a start up to the stars? This may just be an opportunity for you!
We at Matrak believe in making construction better through evolving technology and helping our customers move away from tools that have had their time and chance. Working in a green fields space, Matrak offers a cloud-based materials tracking platform creating a collaborative network of stakeholders to ensure efficiency, accountability, and clarity across the supply chain of each construction project.
About the role:
😎As our People + Culture Lead, you will assist our team in setting and achieving their goals through establishing alignment, communication and processes as well as ensuring organizational changes are managed effectively. This fluid, broad not deep, role supports the planning and execution of operations and initiatives across the company to support Matrak’s vision, mission and scaling efforts and champion people first culture. This role is also responsible for developing and managing Matrak’s people strategies, processes and initiatives to attract, retain, develop and inspire our team.
This opportunity is a stepping stone for someone pursuing a Chief of Staff type of role which will be the pathway for the right person at Matrak. We'll support you in developing the skill set necessary and equip you with what you need to know to contribute in this space.
Day to day, but not every day, you will:
- Manage the quarterly and annual planning processes along with the team leads and executives
- Manage priorities for managers and executives and ensure hyper-alignment towards the set goals
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics and make suggestions for improvements
- Establish and champion policies that promote company culture and vision
- Partner with the hiring managers to coordinate recruitment activities including job design, position descriptions and approvals
- Coordinate the recruiting talent pipeline, advertisement, candidate correspondence, interviews and selection along with the hiring managers
- Work with Matrak people leads to effectively onboard new starters and set them up for success
- Manage and monitor all employee life cycle matters including performance, reward & recognition
- Contribute to the development of a robust, people-first culture as a role model for Matrak’s core values and behaviours
- Design and lead initiatives to maximise employee engagement and commitment to our culture
- Assist in planning, organising and executing in-house, off-sites, celebration events, parties and all-hands meetings
- Provide support, guidance and coaching to employees and managers
With previous similar experience, you are able to pivot your focus to deliver to the business needs. More specifically, ideally you have:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a fast paced environment, working with senior executives (tech / software company experience would be highly regarded)
- Qualification in HR, Business Administration, Project Management or similar
- Generalist HR/ People management experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills to positively build effective working relationships, drive engagement, motivate staff, and influence culture
- Ability to influence, advise, and support leaders and employees on a range of matters
- Ability to juggle a wide range of responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution and negotiations to achieve successful outcomes
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism
- High level of autonomy and proactivity to drive and deliver initiatives as well as ad hoc tasks
- Humility, maturity, and situational sensitivity
You don't need to have construction industry experience to join our team as our People + Culture Lead but you will need to:
- Be self-driven and have a "do what it takes" attitude
- Have a people-first mentality
- Be tech savvy; we're a SaaS company!
Most importantly, we expect everyone at Matrak to have (and use!):
🧠 Common sense
💡 Intellectual honesty
What’s in it for you:
For a start up, we offer a competitive salary package including share options and real opportunities for career progression. Our hiring decisions are based on the principles of merit and fairness, not your background, identity, gender, or any other factor that isn’t related to your ability to do the job. In terms of leave and other benefits, we offer Birthday, Cultural + Ceremonial Leave, public holiday substitution, paid parental leave, and a bunch of other 'perks' (like pets being included as family members for sick + compassionate leave).
❤We're passionate about creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work. Our core values guide our culture, so if you are able to Build Connections, Take Ownership, Be Transparent & Bold, and Nurture Growth, you'll fit right in.
⭐️ Please note: applications via our careers page are preferred ⭐️