Talent Acquisition Specialist at Shippit

Full-time, Sydney sydney full-time
Description
Posted 25 days ago

Company and Role 

Shippit is a powerful technology engine that is revolutionising how the world sends anything, to anyone, located anywhere. Logistics infrastructure is a complex beast and we’re not only enhancing the experience for everyone involved, we’re impacting the planet in a positive manner. Our deliveries are already 100% Carbon Neutral. While Australian founded, we’re truly global in our approach and have the benefit of being a free moving startup yet with the security of impacting a thriving industry that needs some love and attention.

As the second Talent Acquisition Manager in the team you will initially focus on end to end recruitment within our Go-to-market teams, predominantly Sales and Marketing across Australia and Singapore. 80% of your role will be end to end recruitment with the other 20% focused on project work to make our Talent space the best in the market! We’re currently ~80 staff but have big ambitious goals to double this with the next 12-18 months so this is very much a hands-on role. This is a mid-level role so ideally you have a few years of agency experience and haven’t lost that tenacity and healthy sense of urgency, but also have a year or so experience internally so know how to effectively manage hiring managers. 

The Role 

End-to-end recruitment for sales and marketing initially, which will likely expand to greater ownership as you grow with the business (approx 10 roles a quarter)

Partner with hiring managers - Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, Head of Business Operations to understand their talent requirements, functional operations, and strategic priorities

Create and implement innovative sourcing strategies to acquire the best talent across Australia and Singapore

Candidate management end-to-end from applicants, sourcing, your initial screen, hiring manager interview to offer management, ensuring candidate experience is a priority! 

Being a public face and an advocate of our company values, working to raise Shippit's employer profile

Provide consultative advice to hiring managers on appropriate candidate selection and evaluation techniques, ensuring an overall effective hire

Work on talent acquisition projects to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the TA function

Requirements

Proven experience hiring all levels across sales and marketing in Sydney and the desire to recruit in Singapore (if you have done this before, even better!) 

Strong in both candidate management and stakeholder management - all comms styles

Strong time management and prioritisation skills, scheduling, screening calls, sourcing, posting jobs, offer management etc

Ability to pipeline talent with an in-depth knowledge of direct sourcing techniques

Good attention to detail and diligent on documenting feedback, understanding that the ATS is our source of truth 

Experience in building a talent function in a Series A/Series B startup is a bonus!